Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Away from home holds no fear for me. That Hull have started so well will only make them more confident to come at us.

Agree. Which suits us.

I'd drop Sylla for Westwood, bring Tabby in for Baker and use our usual formation.

This'll most likely be a lot tougher than we expect. Playing these newly promoted teams infront of their home crowds can be tricky, as it'll most likely be packed out (though I haven't seen their home attendances so far so I could be wrong) and the fans will be very vocal and trying their best to make it a real fortress. Fortunately for us, our away form is what we seem to really thrive off, and surely (if we play in the usual formation) our front 3, even without Benteke, should be a bit much for them to handle. We'll need a solid defensive performance, but if we take our chances and play good counter-attacking football then we really should be winning this. I reckon 2/3-1 to Villa.

Away from home holds no fear for me. That Hull have started so well will only make them more confident to come at us.

Agree. Which suits us.

I'd drop Sylla for Westwood, bring Tabby in for Baker and use our usual formation.

He's quick as a cat!

• Like 3

Gentle reminder that Hull have started their league campaign quite strongly and sit a couple of places above us in the table. A draw would be a reasonably result here.

There's been quite a few promoted sides that make good starts but most of them drop off quite quickly. They were lucky against West Ham and we are certainly a better away side than west ham. I think we can win this.

Away from home, so back to 4-3-3, hopefully Gabby is back for this one, so would drop Vlaar. Hull won't be an easy game in the slightest, even though only Brady impresses me for them, they have Potato Head in charge so he probably will try and spur them on for personal reasons; just my line of thought though.

Guzan, Bacuna, Baker, Clark, Luna, Sylla, KEA, Delph, Gabby, Weimann and Kozak.

Edited by Avflife

Away from home, so back to 4-3-3, hopefully Gabby is back for this one, so would drop Vlaar. Hull won't be an easy game in the slightest, even though only Brady impresses me for them, they have Potato Head in charge so he probably will try and spur them on for personal reasons; just my line of thought though.

Swap Vlaar in for Baker and that will be the line up. Lambert won't drop our captain especially after he's improved during his last few games.

Swap Vlaar in for Baker and that will be the line up. Lambert won't drop our captain especially after he's improved during his last few games.

I'm aware its more than unlikely PL will drop Vlaar, but I honestly think that Baker is better than him and Clark is on current form, but probably not overall. Looking at something slightly off topic, I think Baker could be a full international in the next 2/3 years, he is already better than two full internationals.

Edited by Avflife

Long overdue a proper victory with two or three goals as well as a clean sheet. Benteke might be missing, but as the city game proved this might be the catalyst for firepower to emerge elsewhere. Yes, I'm optimistic precisely because Hull has a reason to be confident. 0-2, Gabby and Delph.

Yep, gonna be a good game. Hull are showing some fight and desire to win at the moment. Hope we go to this one with the correct attitude/mindset and also show that desire to win another game also. Could be a really really great start to this season if we manage to secure another 3 points, who knows where we could finish if the players keep up with the winning mentality?!

How long did it take us to win 4 games last season?

Edit - just checked... Wow... We won our 4th game against Liverpool in December. That was our 17th game of the season.

Edited by Tayls