• Bacuna
    • El Ahmadi
    • Luna
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Weimann
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for Weimann 80)

Just goes to show, sometimes if you ride your luck, a lot, you keep working hard & learn from your mistakes you will get your rewards. Sometimes a long punt upfield is more effective than the nice tippy tappy passing you see, just gotta use it at the right times. Still not sure how we won that game tho, after the battering we took in the first half. City switched off & Lambert took advantage of this & exploited it superbly. Bacuna got slaughtered in the first half for his performance, but he is not a defender he is an attacking midfielder & showed his quality with that freekick. Im still in shock, but what a result, & thats all that matters.

when i saw the 352 formation i thought lambert was on crack, dire stuff in the first half, never thought we would do great against them but surley we could do better than that... lambert and the team clearly showed we could in second half, lovely freekick from bacuna

I think the players took a while to get used to not having Benteke.

yeah your probably right, good too see we can perform without him too :)

Jesus christ, I can breathe again now. When even the missus is screaming you know it's a great result! Very slow start but what a second half from the lads. We didn't dominate the game by any means but it just goes to show, when you take your chances and keep fighting til the final whistle, you can hand it to teams that are financially and on paper lightyears ahead. Awesome result, UTV!

Great result. Hopefully it will instill some much needed self belief in the side. Hope it also changes some of the depressingly negative attitudes on here. Some of the comments on the match thread were ridiculous.

Voted for El Ahmadi as my MOM. Never stopped hounding them and was clever with the ball when in possession. Bacuna Vlaar and Delph impressed also.

Fab, fab, fab. 

A Villa side actually turn up at Villa Park to deliver a great match (well, at least in the 2nd half) and a famous win!

Let's hope this marks a watershed in our performances. And attendances. More than 34,000 next time we play a top 6 side would be good.

Can't even think of naming a MOTM. Well done to the whole side for a storming 2nd half performance and for sticking together under the Man C onslaught.

And well done Paul Lambert for firing up the side at half time.

Just a bit ratted off that our truly epic achievement is being eclipsed by the Baggies beating Man U.  :angry:

• Like 2

Have absolutely no idea how we've won that game, we were dreadful

But we did, lets take the points and sort out the performance later

tbf the move for our first goal was nice. Started with Clark picking a pass out of defence and we worked it all the way up the pitch with good passing. 

Big Ron motm for me but Bacuna, Luna and Andi played really good also.  Guzan for once looked dodgy

yeh the move on the first goal was nice, but it was also offside ;)

Ha so were all of Man Utd goals against us in Old Trafford last season   :P

And the Chelsea winner this season, but that isn't quite the same thing as the scorer on that ocasion shouldn't have been on the pitch and the free kick was also a very dodgy decision.

An astounding result. Well done to the team!

I'd just like to say Bacuna was getting absolutely ripped by many in the live match thread but he turned out to be man of the match. We are way too eager to label our players as bad or terrible.

Fab, fab, fab. 

A Villa side actually turn up at Villa Park to deliver a great match (well, at least in the 2nd half) and a famous win!

Let's hope this marks a watershed in our performances. And attendances. More than 34,000 next time we play a top 6 side would be good.

Can't even think of naming a MOTM. Well done to the whole side for a storming 2nd half performance and for sticking together under the Man C onslaught.

And well done Paul Lambert for firing up the side at half time.

Just a bit ratted off that our truly epic achievement is being eclipsed by the Baggies beating Man U.  :angry:

All I wanted was for us to stand up and take it to a team, not back down and not roll over (at home) and boy it is good to beat a 'big' team.

• Like 1

Â