Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shillzz

Whyzat? The only controversial choice is Gardner. I believe without Benteke we need to change the system. So I've gone from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. It strengthens the midfield in numbers against one of the most attacking sides in the league. And I believe Gardner is every bit capable of playing the attacking central role, in my view as good as anyone else at the club. Now some might take that as an indictment on Lambert's transfer policy but either way, come Saturday, it's what I'd like to see. Not what I expect to see.

Fair dos, I'd misinterpreted it as the team you thought might turn out.

I see the logic behind your line up, though Gardner hasn't been in the squad all season and I suspect he'd have made an appearance last night if he was in the manager's thoughts. I also don't rate him as highly as you do in all honesty.

Delph and Sylla I absolutely agree with, though unless Westwood's still injured I think this will again be unlikely. KEA's half time substitution with Kozak last night was very telling.

Tonev i'm afraid I don't agree with. He showed some ability for a short period last night but was outperformed by Albrighton for the majority of the game. If Weimann is going to be dropped, which isn't such a bad idea, then I'd actually like to see Bacuna come in to play that role. Whoever plays in that position will need to track Kolarov, and I think Bacuna could be our best option.

I thought Gardner was injured. The same back four as Norwich. I'd have Weimann, Agbonlahor and Kozak up front and Delph, Westwood if fit and Albrighton in midfield although we could go 4-4-2 with either Agbonlahor or Weimann wide left and Albrighton wide right.

Edited by PaulC

Not looking forward to this game one bit. I fear our 4th straight home defeat of the season and things will be looking pretty glum if it happens.

we beat Rotherham after Liverpool game. If include Spurs game you have to include Rotherham game ;)

Oh yea because Man City and Rotherham are on a par!

Id actually go down the McLeish route for this one and play a 6-4-0 formation.

I know its dull but **** it, the gulf in class is silly. Hoof the set plays in their box and hope to nick it. I would have no complaints at Lambert for taking this approach.

Two banks of four and two people pressing the ball. Citeh struggle when they get frustrated.

I would agree with KHV and go 4411.

Guzan

Lowton

Luna

Vlaar

Clark

Bacuna

Bennett

Sylla

Delph

Gabby

Kozak

Gabby playing slightly deeper than Kozak but being able to run on to his flicks.

I would play Bennett at left wing and use the attacking ability and natural left foot he has.

Sylla and Delp in the middle to kick the crap out of Toure. :)

Not looking forward to this game one bit. I fear our 4th straight home defeat of the season and things will be looking pretty glum if it happens.

we beat Rotherham after Liverpool game. If include Spurs game you have to include Rotherham game ;)

Oh yea because Man City and Rotherham are on a par!

makes no sense. was pointing out if lose to city it wont be 4 straight home defeats as if count the spurs game you have to include rotherham as both were cup