Relegation battle 13-14

Dodgyknees

Cant believe people are going on about the forwards etc... look at the goals we are conceding !

I don't have an issue with the front three, Weimann needs dropping or resting, but no goals from midfield, plus none from defence and being naive at the back again. Plus seeing those backup players tonight and I am crapping myself that they might have to cover any first team players, especially considering some are way off form and leggy.

Overreactions galore....

We have a much better squad than last season. The side that played today would never play in the league in this composition. Put one or two of our starters into that line-up and the outcome could have been vastly different. UTV! In Lambert we trust.

Deluded (sorry mate). We need a reality check, we have big problems at the moment we are going nowhere - other than against Chelsea, where general concensus was we were unlucky, plucky losers but where statistically we got annihilated, we have been poor (I can't be the only one to think we were lucky against Arsenal?). Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Overreactions galore....

We have a much better squad than last season. The side that played today would never play in the league in this composition. Put one or two of our starters into that line-up and the outcome could have been vastly different. UTV! In Lambert we trust.

Deluded (sorry mate). We need a reality check, we have big problems at the moment we are going nowhere - other than against Chelsea, where census was we were unlucky, plucky losers but where statistically we got annihilated, we have been poor (I can't be the only one to think we were lucky against Arsenal?).

I'm not alone then, the lack of depth of real quality is going to be the biggest problem.

Cant believe people are going on about the forwards etc... look at the goals we are conceding !

I don't have an issue with the front three, Weimann needs dropping or resting, but no goals from midfield, plus none from defence and being naive at the back again. Plus seeing those backup players tonight and I am crapping myself that they might have to cover any first team players, especially considering some are way off form and leggy.
think thats a fair statement. But lambert kept buying midfielders/strikers when we needed defenders thats the reality. Cant blame lambert for the midfielders. We have plenty of them ! Its their fault why they arent performing. The blame is why he didnt get rid of a defender or two and get another two more in.

think thats a fair statement. But lambert kept buying midfielders/strikers when we needed defenders thats the reality. Cant blame lambert for the midfielders. We have plenty of them ! Its their fault why they arent performing. The blame is why he didnt get rid of a defender or two and get another two more in.
I think he had a small budget and had to cut his cloth accordingly, we cannot keep expecting him to pick up gems, at some point we have to invest in players who can make the difference straight away. One man to blame, he one at the top imho. Edited by dodgyknees

We have a much better squad than last season.

Debatable

We have a better LB. We have RB cover. We have a great new CB (sadly injured). We have a better back-up for Christian that allows us to carry on with a similar playing style. We at least have more breadth in midfield (albeit it needs time to develop). We have a type of supporting striker (Helenius) that adds us a very different option from anything we had last season. 

Debatable

We have a better LB. We have RB cover. We have a great new CB (sadly injured). We have a better back-up for Christian that allows us to carry on with a similar playing style. We at least have more breadth in midfield (albeit it needs time to develop). We have a type of supporting striker (Helenius) that adds us a very different option from anything we had last season.

Our CB may aswell not have been signed if we are talking about this season. Also I wouldnt count bacuna as a comfortable RB to rely on. Besides from them two I do agree. We have a better squad.

Is this thread for real

In the first 10 league games, we will of played Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton, 6 of the top 7 last season, we have beaten Arsenal and Norwich who have lost just 2 at home in 2013 and apartfrom tonight we have not lose by more than a goal.

• Like 3

Debatable

Our CB may aswell not have been signed if we are talking about this season. Also I wouldnt count bacuna as a comfortable RB to rely on. Besides from them two I do agree. We have a better squad.
There's also the fact that the players here are better. The younger ones have had an extra year to develop and there are many players that didn't play the whole season last year (Westwood didn't start till November if I remember correctly) that now can and have had a solid preseason to prepare.
Yep, good point. It is either the likes of bacuna, tonev or ireland and bannan. I know who I'd prefer.

All this after the cup game. Lets get real here, our entire squad including bench cost about 20m total.

Spurs squad tonight? Well Im not going to work out all of it but.. Lamela 30m, Soldado 26m, Paulinho 20m. 4-0 is not unreasonable and we are miles behind Spurs, not to mention the fact that out of the team tonight our only first team starters when everyone is fit is Vlaar, Bacuna/Lowton and KEA.

Edited by AndyM3000

All this after the cup game. Lets get real here, our entire squad including bench cost about 20m total.

Spurs squad tonight? Well Im not going to work out all of it but.. Lamela 30m, Soldado 26m, Paulinho 20m. 4-0 is not unreasonable and we are miles behind Spurs, not to mention the fact that out of the team tonight our only first team starters when everyone is fit is Vlaar, Bacuna/Lowton and KEA.

We've played more than 'just one cup game' and that 'one cup game' has shown we do not have enough quality and with the awful form and injuries, those players in that 'one cup game' will be starting in the league very soon.