Referees

KennyPowers

Just now, YLN said:

So RefWatch says the Walker tackle was not a penalty. Last week he said the Struijk tackle on Elliott was a red because it caused a bad injury. I didn't know refs had on field xray machines to aid their decision making

Dermot Gallagher it might be time to actually retire. To a nice independent living facility

There's no point in the refs being there, they get told what to say. The one time Peter Walton actually queried a ref decision as being wrong, he changed his tune when asked later.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NeilS said:

Of course It has already been set up by OGS in the after match interview that they were hard done by, so that they will most likely get a soft penalty against next weeks unsuspecting opponents. ☹️

They haven’t had one all season and the referee for Saturday has been assigned as Mike Dean, it’s painfully obvious what is coming.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Swedish former UEFA/FIFA ref Jonas Eriksson is releasing a kind of tell-all book about his career tomorrow. He's been promoting it pretty hard during the last half year and apparently there is going to be some less than complimentary stuff about UEFA, FIFA, ref chief Collina and a lot of other stuff. Might be fun. Not sure when it will be available in English but I suspect it will before long.

Korthuset : En domares berättelse om kickarna och spelet bakom världsfotbollen

They guy is quite rich from his other job so he can afford to make a few enemies.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

why are they always former teachers?

and he cant be worse than kevin friend

I don't think he's a school teacher. From what I can see he was the training manager for Preston Referees Society and a Level 3 Referee Tutor

48 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

based on that alone he should never be allowed to referee

Why? Mike Dean comes out of that video much better than I expected him to tbh.

The completely unacceptable thing is the celebration stunt he pulled, but we all knew about that anyway,there's nothing wrong with taking some satisfaction from a job well done, it was just publicly giving the impression he was celebrating the goal that was the issue.

Not even sure where to start.

Missed fouls that could have been yellow by themselves (one by their captain and two by Doukore)

3 penalty shouts

Doukore then at least 8 fouls that were given without a yellow.

Their captain yellow only after 3/4 fouls

Cash booked for being pushed in the face

Dougie red for literally nothing

Missed advantage for them when Nakamba got booked

A very, very, very poor outing. Back to the lower leagues mate.

Edited by StefanAVFC

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Whoever was controlling him through his earpiece was a bent piece of scum.

What, the guy who told him to go to the monitor and have a look at the replay? Silly post, mate.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

What, the guy who told him to go to the monitor and have a look at the replay? Silly post, mate.

To be fair, a one-eyed monkey could have told him to look at the replay.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair, a one-eyed monkey could have told him to look at the replay.

Yup, it was a ridiculous decision, and a very poor display all in all, I just have no time for accusations he's been guided in to "corrupt" decisions by the very person who said "Erm, think you've dropped a bollock there, mate".

• Like 2

On 27/11/2021 at 12:32, Davkaus said:

Yup, it was a ridiculous decision, and a very poor display all in all, I just have no time for accusations he's been guided in to "corrupt" decisions by the very person who said "Erm, think you've dropped a bollock there, mate".

Any idea of premier league refs being corrupt is just mental. Or having an “agenda” against certain teams. Every damned fan says the same, including Man Utd fans etc. That suggests to me it’s a very level playing field. 

The constant blaming of refs or labelling them all shite is tiresome (how could the ALL be shite? Perhaps it’s just a really bloody hard job??)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Any idea of premier league refs being corrupt is just mental. Or having an “agenda” against certain teams. Every damned fan says the same, including Man Utd fans etc. That suggests to me it’s a very level playing field. 

The constant blaming of refs or labelling them all shite is tiresome (how could the ALL be shite? Perhaps it’s just a really bloody hard job??)

Given the amount of money at stake I’d suggest it’s mental to not even entertain the possibility of corruption.

And if not, then yes they are all just shite.

Â