Referees

KennyPowers

Something needs to be done about yellow cards. We've been on the wrong side of inconsistent yellow card dishing out 2/4 games now.

3 fouls and it's an automatic yellow, or bad foul/blatant handball is automatic? I don't know.

• Like 1

Tbh I think most of those tackles are a bit clumsy and you're giving the ref an opportunity to go to his book.  Obviously it's the context which is key and how Palace's tackles were punished should be factored in (I didn't watch the match).  Even so it doesn't really matter how the rest of the game was refereed when you make such a bizarre call as he and his colleagues did at the end.  I'm still utterly flabbergasted. 

Hopefully the club and fans get an explanation and apology within days.  I'd almost go to say such poor officiating should result in a rematch but that's just me not calmed down yet. 

So funny that after championship refereeing people were saying things like "I will never moan about premier referees again" 

It seems to me like there is absolutely no difference. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So funny that after championship refereeing people were saying things like "I will never moan about premier referees again" 

It seems to me like there is absolutely no difference. 

Championship referees are just bad, there was something sinister about Friend's performance. 

Someone wrote in the Grealish thread that Jack got the yellow card recorder as talking back to the referee(don't know the word for it) in the match records. 

How is that even possible? Why then did he blow the whistle? 

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hahahahahahaha

The FA is corrupt.

Surely the statement should clarify that Jack did not commit an act of simulation. And if that was clear and obvious, there was a clear and obvious error. Shocking. 

i perfectly agree and understand that contact isn't a foul

but at the same time going to ground isn't a dive, he's lost his balance and is going over (that he lost his balance because of Zaha is another thing)

friends biggest problem (other than the obvious "being shit") is that he made the decision instantly, almost like he was looking for it, he had a pre determined opinion that jack was looking for a dive so was looking for a dive rather than looking for a foul, if he had waited to let it play it out, like we are all told he should do, he would see Zaha guiltily put his hand up, he would see cahill guiltily feign injury from the contact and he would see jack get up without claiming a thing

its inexcusable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

but at the same time going to ground isn't a dive, he's lost his balance and is going over (that he lost his balance because of Zaha is another thing)

Absolutely.

Grealish gave Richarlison a bit of a nudge early in the game last Friday. It was neither a foul nor a dive, the game carried on. The slight difference being Richarlison actually did complain, Jack didn't.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

friends biggest problem (other than the obvious "being shit") is that he made the decision instantly, almost like he was looking for it, he had a pre determined opinion that jack was looking for a dive so was looking for a dive rather than looking for a foul, if he had waited to let it play it out, like we are all told he should do, he would see Zaha guiltily put his hand up, he would see cahill guiltily feign injury from the contact and he would see jack get up without claiming a thing

its inexcusable 

Agree with all of this. I would also add that the fact Friend blew his whistle just as Lansbury pulled the trigger (in the VAR age FFS!) comes across as very, very calculated indeed. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Â