Safe Standing - Supporter Led Consultation - online & paper survey

canarykiller

Bristol City have installed rail seats at Ashton Gate, seems we want to be the first team to do it in the Premier League:

Aston Villa have told the BBC that almost half the clubs in the Premier League are interested in reintroducing standing at their stadiums.

Villa have offered to conduct a trial of 'rail-seats' at Villa Park.

Their football operations manager Lee Preece said: "We'd be interested in a trial at Villa Park if that would help.

Full article here.

The ones at ashton gate will only be used for standing at rugby and will be sitting at football.

Iv stood up every game all season anyway, might as well make it safe. My only concern is you get some idiots that push about when we score and if they have them metal bars around us well someone could really get hurt crashing into one of them head first.

Does piss me off though that the Hillsborough Family Support Group always pipe up, this time they are claiming that the timing is 'Insensitive'. Jog on.

I have sympathy for the Hillsbrough families, obviously. But standing wasn't the problem that day. It contributed, but it doesn't mean it can't be done safely

Exactly, i detest sitting at a game, talk about a passion Killer. You cant get warm if it's cold, constantly having to stand, sit, stand, sit each time the play approaches your end, no leg room and frankly it sends everyone half to sleep especially if the games dull...Which erm is like 95% of Villa games lately. 

Result=i don't bother going to games much now as they frankly bore me and i really hate that as i used to love going to games home and away... The seating killed it for me and many others i know.

I notice Richard politically driven Scudamore has rejected the idea anyway. The reasons given were exactly what i would expect from an out of touch Dinosaur.

Edited by danceoftheshamen