Our Next Premier League Clean Sheet?

villa-revolution

Stoke at home

If we can't keep a clean sheet against a Stoke side managed by Mark Hughes we never will

Aren't stoke having their best start to a Premier League season?

I think you might need to have a rethink on your opinion of Hughes. He has done pretty well everywhere except QPR.

I think he's a pretty limited manager

He always signs players he's worked with previously and he's been fortunate to inherit a side with a solid defence long term he won't be much of an improvement on Pulis and they will finish in the top 10 like they normally do

He usually sets his teams up to not lose away from home and at best nick a goal like they did against West Ham and Man City in their previous two fixtures 

Edited by AshVilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really interesting stat that shows how far the defense has come.

Villa haven't conceded against a non top 7 team since that Newcastle game. Hull, Norwich, west ham and Cardiff all haven't scored.

Good to see, hopefully we can push on with our attack now without damaging our good defence.

Villa haven't conceded against a non top 7 team since that Newcastle game. Hull, Norwich, west ham and Cardiff all haven't scored.

Good to see, hopefully we can push on with our attack now without damaging our good defence.

If we can start scoring goals and still keep a decent defensive record... :)

If we can start scoring goals and still keep a decent defensive record... :)

It's getting the right balance which it seems Lambert is struggling with. We were awful at West Ham and poor in the first half v Cardiff...I think he got it right in the second half(not just because we won).

• Like 1

Â