Intertoto - Yes or No?

JohnCresswell

Intertoto - Yes or No?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Intertoto - Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

No.

We need to take every possible meansure to ensure that we try to qualify for the UEFA cup through the league next season. In the long term, it will benefit us far more to do that than to risk another season for the sake of trying to rush ourselves into a competition that is only really a stepping stone to bigger things. If you enter the Intertoto, you jeapordise your chances of taking that next step (Champoins League).

Definite no for me. The UEFA cup is now totally the poor relation to the Champs League, and the poor crowds (up until the semis) show fans apathy. My knowledge of euro footy is pretty good but I've never heard of some of the teams playing in it i.e Newcastle's opponents last week.

if were gonna play pre season friendlies anyway why not make them a gateway into europe. its only going to be opposition from belgium chech republic etc.

also we will be more attractive to potential signings with the possibility of euro football even if its not the champs league

no. If we're not good enough to get automatic qualification to Europe, is our squad really good enough to compete? Lets wait. It would be a shame to return to Europe after so long and then just be embarassed

No to the 2 bob! We need a proper preseason and MO'N needs the time to go and get the players he wants. The squad is too small for a run at it and wont be much bigger even after summer additions because of players moved on like Hendrie, Samuel, DJX2 please God! Delaney? Hughes? Angel? Taylor? Sutton?

We will be better off trying to get where we want to be in a sensible way as opposed to Newcastle who are just desperate to get as many games in as possible to fool the toon army so that they can buy more overpaid has beens.

Yes definitely, we can play the kids/reserve team if we are busy across in America. Thats not to say they would be successful but either way its win win due to the experience it will bring and the potential that they might get us through!

spot on, well said!

It does seem that teams are no longer treating it like the joke that it was a few years ago.

Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham, Middlesbrough, Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle have already applied, leaving us, Reading and Portsmouth as the only ones who haven't from places 5th-15th.

Play the youngsters.

Am I mad or do I remember playing some UEFA cup ties due to this competion? How can that be anything other than a Bonus - the winnder has qualified from inter Toto before I think.

At the edd of the day its a means to an end, nothing more. I could never understand why we went on nothing Skandinavian tours at the expense of this competition on the past - just use it as a pre season warm up!

Â