Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Difficult game coming up again.

And this is our problem.

EVERY **** game is difficult.

Jawdees at home should have been 3 guaranteed points but it wasn't. If we can't beat them, then every game will be "difficult". Sadly.

Norwich looked dire against Spurs but then we have looked pretty poor ourselves the last couple of games. 

I think it will be a 1-1 draw.

No arguements from me, Hughtons been awful of late imo, can't see us winning this, 2 nil to you sadly.

This gives me some hope.

I went for a draw but maybe our home and away schizophrenia will see us put in a good performance.

And this is our problem.

Jawdees at home should have been 3 guaranteed points but it wasn't. If we can't beat them, then every game will be "difficult". Sadly.

Why the hell would Newcastle at home be 3 guaranteed points? They finished one place below us last season, and 11 places above us the season before! Yes, they're crap away but we're crap at home. Teams that finish 15th do not have any 'guaranteed wins' the season after unless they buy a load of superstars in the transfer window. There are no guaranteed wins for us this season, we're not that good (yet).

• Like 1

This one is pretty hard to call, based on our last couple of games you'd have to start as Norwich as favourites, but then we are stronger away.

I'd make a few changes to the Newcastle team (not that I think PL will go this way).

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Baker - Luna

Sylla

Bacuna - Delph

Tonev - The Beast - Gabby

Even though Clark has looked better this season, Baker is stronger in the air and RVW is good in the air so will need Baker's strength in that department.

Westwood is the passer of the team, but away from home we are good on the counter and therefore do not require to retain possession as much (even though if we could dictacte a game i would prefer to keep possession more). Sylla, although not played as the DM last yr, could offer more protection to the defence and still be able to keep the ball with simple passes.

Bacuna and Delph could then be box to box (with Bacuna starting slightly more advanced). Whilst Bacuna struggled first half against Liverpool (as did most of the team), I actually thought he grew into more before switching to rb, he was starting to beat a man and looking for the run of others, think this would be an ideal game to bring him back into the fold.

Tonev for AW is a no brainer for me as don't think AW has looked his sharpest this yr, and a little spell out of the starting line up may get him going again.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

And this is our problem.

Why the hell would Newcastle at home be 3 guaranteed points? They finished one place below us last season, and 11 places above us the season before! Yes, they're crap away but we're crap at home. Teams that finish 15th do not have any 'guaranteed wins' the season after unless they buy a load of superstars in the transfer window. There are no guaranteed wins for us this season, we're not that good (yet).

I was actually going on

a) Our form in the first 2.5 games

B) the fact Jawdees were crap and signed no-one

c) the fact the media were tipping us to win.

It was a rarity that outside the ground before the game, everyone in our group had forecast a Villa win.

So, not actually guaranteed but pretty hot favourites. On paper. Sort of. A bit.

Regarding Newcastle signing no-one. Someone in here mentioned quite rightly that they have Loic Remy this season who would arguably be the 2nd best player in our squad if he came in.

Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla Sylla

One thing is for sure, I will be placing a "both teams to score" bet on as I will on most of our games this season

2-1 Norwich

• Like 1