Home Form

PieFacE

Our team is packed full of players with little technical ability, I have never seen a team so uncomfortable on the ball, houllier started to try and change the mentallity with us being more patient on the ball. A lot of our play is far too quick, we either start off at 100mph and get tired or start off really slowly and pick up when we are playing catch up. We have also signed an awful lot if ropey unknown foreign players in the summer. I cant really work out what Lamberts plan is

Edited by KHV

Lambert needs to get tuff and start dropping players

Bacuna for Lowton

Sylla for kea

Tonev for weimann

May be worth a go, certainly Sylla needs to play. Im not too sure if Bacuna and Tonev are going to bring much to the party Edited by KHV

Our team is packed full of players with little technical ability, I have never seen a team so uncomfortable on the ball, houllier started to try and change the mentallity with us being more patient on the ball. A lot of our play is far too quick, we either start off at 100mph and get tired or start off really slowly and pick up when we are playing catch up. We have also signed an awful lot if ropey unknown foreign players in the summer. I cant really work out what Lamberts plan is

Disagree with that. I think we've got plenty of technical players - El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Benteke, Vlaar (for a CB). It's creativity we lack.

Lambert needs to get tuff and start dropping players

Bacuna for Lowton

Sylla for kea

Tonev for weimann

May be worth a go, certainly Sylla needs to play. Im not too sure if Bacuna and Tonev are going to bring much to the party

Bacuna looks like he could be very good and tonev looks willing to run at defenders and shoot

Disagree with that. I think we've got plenty of technical players - El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Benteke, Vlaar (for a CB). It's creativity we lack.

Why do we give the ball away so often and give away so much possesion to shit teams then?

It's still to early to gauge our real ability at home. The Liverpool game was always going to be tough & sadly the Newcastle game was a really really bad day at the office  all round in which practically every single player played poorly. I don't want to make excuses but the International break left us two & a half weeks without a game & many of those players called up for International duty looked leggy & jet lagged.

Next up we have a backs to the wall job against Mancs Citeh which we will probably play on the counter attack so really we need to wait until we have played Spurs,Cardiff,Everton & Sunderland for a truer overall pattern to emerge.

On a positive note we could do with a really good day at the office when every body turns in & look what happened to Sunderland last season when we did just that.

Did Newcastle not have anyone away on international duty?

I think our problem is that we have very little quality in the squad and it shows.

The problem is we need some leaders on the pitch who have confidence in getting the win. We also need to start dropping players who clearly ain't performing

I think our problem is that we have very little quality in the squad and it shows.

Exactly!

We may well get better as the season progresses but we are clearly rolling the dice again this season & the one thing we badly needed to not happen has happened with Okore out for the season. 

This is what happens when you roll those dice, more often than not you are going to get some bad luck. We went into the season weak in defence and creativity as it appears we all know. Now we are once again on a knife edge regards the season. Okore has simply replaced Dunne from last season as possibly our best defensive hope on the treatment table for the whole season... What a shocking state of affairs.

The Arsenal victory has been nullified by the loss to the barcodes and we now play Man Sheikhty in desperate need of some sort of result which will no doubt turn into another mauling now our defence is back to last seasons shambles. So now we'll be playing catch up for months which i can only see resulting in another relegation battle as we simply do not have the team to pull clear from behind.

It sickens me to be back to feeling like this so early in the new season but i'm so very disillusioned with it all i have to say. Close season with Villa is like being a kid who is desperate to get the latest Playstation of Xbox for Christmas & then wakes up on Christmas morning full of hope & dreams only to open his presents & find 10 pairs of socks and a box of chocolates instead!

• Like 1

The biggest problem we have is that for nearly a year, we have had to score at least two goals to get a win.

That is a horrifying stat and by far the most concerning problem we have.

As for home form, when was the last time we didnt have a problem with this? Even under MON it was the same. Away from home we are fearless and dangerous. At home we have out balls chopped off. We dont like being favourites, cant control games and are unable to break teams down. In fact, this has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Remember those 90s UEFA Cup games where we couldnt beat team who were there just to defend like Helsingborgs and Trabzonspor? 20 years later and old habits are still dying hard.

The main reason is we don't sign technical players in midfield.

And when we do they are total nutcases like Curcic and Ireland.

Our play is very quick though, surely you'd agree with that? It's great when it all clicks and we scored some brilliant goals last season but other times I just wish the players would slow down and take a touch sometimes to see what's going on, the Gabby sitter for example and also when Luna had a chance of shooting at goal but bizarrely decided to clearing in the woods the ball across the box as fast as possible.

We are great at quick counter attack football but bloody abysmal when we have to think about what we are doing. The lack of ideas is almost unbearable at times. When teams sit with two banks of four we are instantly shit out of ideas. For want of a better phrase we lack intelligence as a team. The movement of some of the players is so predictable, we never boss a game and that pisses me right off. Its all too quick and panicky at times especially at home.

• Like 1

As andym pointed out the problem as I see it is lack of movement from our front players and midfield when were in possession, no option for a decent pass we then tend to play it back to our defense until Guzan launches it to Benteke,.............

Newcastle only had 4 players on international duty that started vs us

They actually only had 3 of their players on international duty as in Sissoko, Debucy and Collocini. Find it amazing how you come up with the second bit.

Surprise surprise were struggling to beat teams who park the bus against us

Why?

Because we did not invest in the quality creative ACM we so desperately needed

Were very much a narrow counter attacking team and we do not have that quality in the middle of the park to take it to the opposition and unlock defences when they sit deep

Its pretty easy for the likes of Pardew or Rodgers to come up with a gameplan along the lines of nicking a goal and then sitting back like Newcastle and Liverpool have done so far at VP this season.

We let in goals for fun so any team coming to VP will fancy their chances at scoring at least a goal

Imo we should have got an ACM in and not a striker

Edited by AshVilla

They actually only had 3 of their players on international duty as in Sissoko, Debucy and Collocini. Find it amazing how you come up with the second bit.

He only posts when we lose.

Â