• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Clark (for Okore 30)
    • Kozak (for El Ahmadi 67)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 88)

weekend utterly ruined. What a shameful effort that was. 3 defeats in a row now - that's how it will be spun now, not too plucky performances 3 defeats in a row after investment to supposedly improve us. Right now, my optimism is gone. We were so shite at times. The defence are a bunch of jokers and some of those players need dropping. I can only hope the likes of helenius, lozak etc are ready asap cause we really **** need them to be.

AND HIRE A **** DEFENSIVE COACH PLEASE. Every game we've gone behind this season it's **** suicide

• Like 1

Terrible game. A lot of work is needed to be done to have us performing well. Tactics were wrong. The 4-2-4 thing just doesn't work and I hope we NEVER do that again. Crying out for a creative midfielder.

Newcastle played well though. They didn't need to do a lot to stop us from playing. Which is worrying. 

Shows how laughable the talk of top 8/6 were, were a million miles from top 10. Cant defend and we dont create, we just graft and counter and thats all we have.

There's a lot of average teams (Villa included) below the top 8 so I'd say that's an overreaction.

We played shit today but we've shown we can play well this season. VP continues to be a problem, but a lot of players were off their game today, and Ben Arfa was in fine form for the Toon to take full advantage.

We need a win against Norwich to ensure we stay within the pack for sure though.

• Like 1

Nowhere near as bad as people make out. Team were sloppy with their finishing and passing. Certainly some positives to take going forward. Improvement is needed in the likes of Weimann.

Can't understand why the team takes so long to get going. Not good enough.

Edited by The_Steve

I can't remember the last time a result gutted me quite as much as this. Feeling genuinely angry after that. Typical Villa - build you up and get you feeling positive then same old same old.

Blurgh.

Benteke is part of the problem though. We are way too Benteke focused.

He won very few headers today and when your entire game plan is the keeper kicking it long to Benteke, you are going to struggle.

Guzan- 5

Lowton- 3

Vlaar- 4

Okore- 4

Luna- 1

Delph- 6

Kea- 4

Westwood- 4

Weimann- 2

Benteke- 5

Agbonlahor- 4

Clark- 5

Kozak- 4

Tonev- Didn't have enough time to make an impact.

Minus marks for every player? Thats a bit unfair isn't it? They weren't that bad.

I predicted a defeat..not really surprised at all.

We don't know how to start football matches.fed up of goin 1 nil down before we begin to play

This club record run of no clean sheets is embarrassing and lambert has to take the blame for that

We essentially have the same awful defence as last year now Okore is injured

And for some bizzare reason he has completely forgotten the impact Sylla had in our good run last year

He protects our defence and gives Westwood and Delph more freedom

Disappointing Paul

• Like 1

Nowhere near as bad as people make out. Team were sloppy with their finishing and passing. Certainly some positives to take going forward. Improvement is needed in the likes of Weimann.

Can't understand why the team takes so long to get going. Not good enough.

lol it was as bad a performance as I've seen from us in a long time. Lambert really made a mess of his tactics. We were tore apart down the wings all game, both our full backs had no protection and nothing was done about it.  Ben Arfa will rape most full backs if he is left to go 1v1 with them.  

Shocking performance and it will show next game if this team and manager is capable of putting it together and at least making us a mid-table team.

Delph motm!

• Like 1

far too many poor performances, we are sleepwalking into going one down early in matches and could easily find ourselves sleepwalking into another relegation scrap with players believing the hype and not putting the work in required.

Delph, Guzan and Benteke only players able to hold their heads up after that, Benteke only because of the goal giving us a few minutes of hope,  Tonev is excused as it's unfair to lump him in with the wasters for the few minutes on the pitch he was given, can't really complain about Kozac either if I'm being fair.

Our defence still looks poor, and as water tight as a colander  it still has the weaknesses from last season, We lack a bit of steel in midfield and the one player who has shown that ability must have been using Lamberts cup as a piss pot judging by his on field time this season. Our strength is our front 3, but weiman seems out of sorts, the energy of last season is missing. Benteke despite the goals seems to be just ticking over. But even if our front 3 are all firing, the rest of the team is like a weight dragging us down.

KEA is a liability. 

He and Westwood never seems to want to drive forward with the ball, which makes it predictable to defend against! They will always look to pass the ball on the moment they get it. But at least Westwood plays some good passes to the wings at times. KEA doesn't. 

We can only play with one of them not both. 

Edited by Alpaywasawesome
  • Like 1

Winger wingers wingers ...!!

Dear lord we cry out for a player who can run at a defence.

even if we don't start with wingers we need an option or 2 on the bench to change things, we are a one dimensional team that when things click we see a potential top 10 team, when things go wonky we look like relegation fodder again. What's the point in swapping weimann for tonev when the both do the same job. Its the same tactical nous of O'Neill taking off carew for heskey.

incredibly frustrated at the moment, there's cause for concern but no need to get hysterical yet.

But please put sylla back in for KEA.

Struggling to find positives. Clark and Vlaar were mostly good. KEA was just terrible-- gave away the ball far too often. Westy was uncharacteristically sloopy. Luna was eaten alive. Weimann made all the wrong decisions. Benteke couldn't hold the ball up. Ugh. 

Â