Vines

Ginko

You want www.urbandictionary.com innit.

Just went on there and typed in 'vines'.

Not what I was expecting ... :mrgreen:

Yeah that makes it all much clearer :)

Vines are short videos that can be up to 15 seconds long, published on a website/app called Vine. I quite like the idea of them, as it forces the creator to get to the point of video quickly and not fanny about with a huge build up. Most of them are probably quite shit though.

Right so it's twitter in video form.

Jon, on 11 Sept 2013 - 1:00 PM, said:

BOF, on 11 Sept 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

You want www.urbandictionary.com innit.

Just went on there and typed in 'vines'.

Not what I was expecting ... :mrgreen:

:clap:

not sure which explanation I like more  1 or 2   ..

Vines are short videos that can be up to 15 seconds long, published on a website/app called Vine. I quite like the idea of them, as it forces the creator to get to the point of video quickly and not fanny about with a huge build up. Most of them are probably quite shit though.

does the website do a youtube though and stick a 10 second advert in front of it :)

does the website do a youtube though and stick a 10 second advert in front of it :)

Ha, not as far as I'm aware, as it's technically an app for phones. Although I'm sure they could be persuaded to add it ;)

I hate YouTube for that though  :angry: This should probably go in the things that piss you off thread, but why have ads that are longer than the video?  :angry:

So it's an animated gif....

... but with sound?

So Vines seem to be a bit of a craze at the moment, so since we have a photo, gif and youtube thread, I thought it might be cool to have a thread dedicated to your favourite vines.

This one is a personal favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZdQAluzLs

Shit, this is just quality. Can't stop replaying

• 3 months later...

The big one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcZwH1fchnw

EDIT - Because of the Thumbnail I've put it under a spoiler to save any bother.

Edited by 8pints

The big one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcZwH1fchnw

EDIT - Because of the Thumbnail I've put it under a spoiler to save any bother.

Watched it because there was a very nice womanly picture in front.

****ing false advertising.

Watched it because there was a very nice womanly picture in front.

****ing false advertising.

Yeah...guess the spoiler builds it up further so the disappointment is increased too....

sorry_bro_img.png

EDIT - Also some of the clips repeat,

writing

one

word

under

another

because

I

can.

Edited by 8pints

Â