how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Last plea for any tips!

Racecard is here

First tip is don't waste too much money on the maiden (unless you've got some insider info or there's a huge track gamble).

Other than that, will you have access to VT on friday/saturday? The card should be a bit easier/cleaner to look at then. Not promising any tips or that you should follow them if there are any forthcoming.

Looks like a very good day's racing - especially the Champion Stakes Golden Horn v Free Eagle v Gleneagles (and the others).

Don't worry, I'll only be gambling for the fun of it. I can't see me spending much on any race. But would still be nice to win some here or there :)

Any tips certainly won't be bet on heavily!

I don't even know what the "maiden" means, haha. The first race?

I'll definitely try and log on on Saturday morning and take a look

Maiden means for horses that haven't won - in the case of Saturday's card it is the first race, actually. :)

I'll have a look on friday then but I'll warn you that I haven't been following a lot of flat racing recently and certainly not much in Ireland!

Maiden means for horses that haven't won - in the case of Saturday's card it is the first race, actually. :)

I'll have a look on friday then but I'll warn you that I haven't been following a lot of flat racing recently and certainly not much in Ireland!

I have been struggling lately with flat racing, haven't bet on it for a while. I had a good run of results for about 4 months but nothing lately

Last plea for any tips!

Racecard is here

Right - had a look and I can't see a great deal that catches my eye for betting (though the racing looks very good!).

I'd be tempted with Johannes Vermeer in the 4.05 and perhaps Pyromaniac in the 4.40 (Rennetti looks surprisingly short but as it's a Mullins runner that might be worth taking notice of).

Otherwise, good luck!

• Like 1

FWIW Stevo.

Pleascach 16/1 and Highland Reel 20/1 are both value E/W as well IMO.

4.40 windsor park e/w  8/1... His inactiveness doesn't concern me.

5.15 morning mix e/w 25/1 ....(probably my best stab at a longshot value bet)

6.20 ainippe e/w   25/1...seems overpriced to me

6.50 onenightidreamed  16/1 ...again overpriced imo

7.20 tennessee wildcat 16/1 ...speculative punt

• Like 2

5.15 morning mix e/w 25/1 ....(probably my best stab at a longshot value bet)

6.20 ainippe e/w   25/1...seems overpriced to me

6.50 onenightidreamed  16/1 ...again overpriced imo

7.20 tennessee wildcat 16/1 ...speculative punt

That's my saturday e/w lucky 15 sorted! :D

Last plea for any tips!

Racecard is here

Right - had a look and I can't see a great deal that catches my eye for betting (though the racing looks very good!).

I'd be tempted with Johannes Vermeer in the 4.05 and perhaps Pyromaniac in the 4.40 (Rennetti looks surprisingly short but as it's a Mullins runner that might be worth taking notice of).

Otherwise, good luck!

I'm hoping that difficulties with VT didn't prevent you from getting on and seeing my tip, Stevo. :)

The other was a nr.

Last plea for any tips!

Racecard is here

Otherwise, good luck!

I'm hoping that difficulties with VT didn't prevent you from getting on and seeing my tip, Stevo. :)

The other was a nr.

Unfortunately, mostly drink induced, I didn't get a chance to check VT for your tips.

But by a stroke of genius, or more likely mere luck, I had money on Johannes! Won a nice amount on that one ,and it was the first winner of the day so earned me some man points with the stag party.

I also had money on Golden Horn so picked some up there and won on another race, but the name of the horse escapes me.

I had money on Euro Charline too so we were on the same lines there, he didn't come in though athough he had me out of my seat at one point because he was winning for a large part of that race.

I ended the day up, I think. I won about 140 Euro in bets and reckon I only put down about 100, although I wasn't really keeping track too much. Plus the money spent on drinks meant I spent all my winnings anyway.

Bloody brilliant day though. My first horse racing experience and it was class.

• Like 2

Â