how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

If a few people want to have a few bets antepost at Cheltenham I've a few at decent odds to tip up here

Supreme Novices Hurdle - Identity Thief - 33/1

National Hunt Chase - Wounded Warrior - 10/1 

RSA Novice Chase - Irish Saint - 33/1

Neptune Novice Hurdle - Tell Us More - 10/1

World Hurdle - Zarkandar - 10/1

Albert Bartlett - No More Heroes - 10/1

Gold Cup - Carlingford Lough - 20/1

Fancy a few of these myself CVB, mainly Wounded Warrior, Zarkandar & Tell Us More but I think he may run in The Supreme, as he's going for The Deloitte next weekend or at least I think he is.

An excellent run again this week, KJT. Matsuyama was a good call.

I've sent your link to a friend of mine who also follows golf and has the odd punt on it and we'll be following your opinions closely each week.

I did have a few bits on Koepka amongst others (very disappointed with Rock stuffing up on 16 and 17 to sink an e/w double).

Edited by snowychap

Cheers Snowy. Previews are up for this week! 

It was the dream start when Matsuyama eagled the first after holing out from >100+ yards in the final round. Shame he did a three putt on the back nine which ultimately cost him. 

Koepka is such a talent and he deserved the win. He will go on to be very successful. 

Edited by KJT123

I've had this mad experiment going on for the last 6 months (started during the World Cup) in which with a live match I bet on the time of the first/next goal for either team.

For example on Bet365 they'll offer say 14/1 for either team to score before say 60 minute market when the time is something like 55.12.

Think about it for a second a goal is just as likely to be scored in the 56-60th as between minutes 51-55.

For a glorious two week period late last year I made about 2.5k from quite a few high scoring matches....but equally I've lost a fair bit on a couple of weekends when some of the live games I bet on all magically end 0-0 or 1-0...and I don't cover myself by betting on 0-0 as insurance.

In principle it's a method that should work consistantly but really it's choosing the luck of a game. For example I was cursing watching the Spurs 5-2 Chelsea game at a pub on NYD as a few of those goals were scored towards the end of 10 minute periods. Likewise at the weekend Arsenal scored a couple of goals against us in that time range.

A more simpler method I like to do is always with 10 minutes left bet on the last goal being a free kick or Penalty. That's always around 25/1 or 33/1 for a free kick so worth sticking a fiver on as you never know when one team is losing and are sticking the ball into the box at every opportunity.

Anyone other any wierd/random betting formulas? Like betting on us to win a game for example?!

Cheers Snowy. Previews are up for this week! 

It was the dream start when Matsuyama eagled the first after holing out from >100+ yards in the final round. Shame he did a three putt on the back nine which ultimately cost him. 

Koepka is such a talent and he deserved the win. He will go on to be very successful.

I'm looking to be on Bradley and DeLaet/Larrazabal and Hatton this week.

I'm also interested on what kind of form Johnson comes back in after his 'break'.

Agree on Koepka.

Edited by snowychap

Think you may be on to something with Hadley. He had a top 10 last year here and has been tweeting all week about how much he loves the place.

Ah. Good to know.

I haven't followed it(him) that closely but I have had him down as one to follow in the US this year (seemed to pop up on leaderboards quite a bit after his debut win - Puerto Rico, was it?).

If anyone is interested, this week's golf previews on my website www.weeklygolfselections.com

Looking quite decent again this week.

Hend leading and Furyk closing in on the top of the AT&T (always liked Jim and he made me quite a bit of money 13 years ago when he was rarely out of the places for a good part of the season - was generally 16s/20s or above).

Hell of a round in progress from Marcel Siem.

Final rounds aren't doing you many favours.

Final holes aren't helping me much, either.

Hadley was in tied 2nd when he stood on the 18th tee and then proceeded to dump his second in the sea (by the looks of shot tracker) and dropped back to 15 under. Grrr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â