how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Tried again and succeeded! :D :D  :D

12 fold this time

£5 returned £480, £475 profit, not bad...

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-01-22%2Bat%2B06.12.

Was sweating a bit when the Suns were down by 105-110 with 2 mins to go, also Houston made a bit of a comeback in the 4th against GS...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

Unreal 91, my last 2 nba bets for 300 & 225 have been let down by one team, Monday night by the Pelican vs the Knicks who had lost their last 16, and last night by the Kings who only turned up for the 2nd half at home to the Nets and lost by 3. :(

So, who got on my golf tips this week? £10 on each of my European Tour tips would've returned a profit of £198.80.

Hopefully Palmer and Hoffman can keep up their good play tonight on the PGA Tour.

Snowy; I'd advise Justin Thomas at 14/1 and Charles Howell III at 110/1.

Best of luck.

Edited by KJT123

Ah, I think you misunderstood.

I wondered whether you had any cross doubles (i.e. whether you had doubled up your selections in Europe with your PGA ones - so 9 cross doubles: 3x3).

I'm on De Jonge, Chucky triple sticks (Howell) and Bradley myself for small stakes already.

Only had Larrazabal in Doha.

Good luck with Palmer and Hoffman, though.

Edited by snowychap

Ah, I think you misunderstood.

I wondered whether you had any cross doubles (i.e. whether you had doubled up your selections in Europe with your PGA ones - so 9 cross doubles: 3x3).

I'm on De Jonge, Chucky triple sticks (Howell) and Bradley myself for small stakes already.

Only had Larrazabal in Doha.

Good luck with Palmer and Hoffman, though.

Oh right sorry about that. And no I didn't double any of them up, I may start doing that in the future. 

Charles Howell has a great chance in my opinion. Today playing the Palmer course which has five par 5's, he averages 4.57 on tour for par 5 scoring average. Can't believe his price is so big at he moment. 

Oh right sorry about that. And no I didn't double any of them up, I may start doing that in the future. 

Charles Howell has a great chance in my opinion. Today playing the Palmer course which has five par 5's, he averages 4.57 on tour for par 5 scoring average. Can't believe his price is so big at he moment.

It's always worth considering especially if you've got a couple of three figure prices in there and you're sticking with, say, 3 selections per event.

It can be just token stakes and needn't really detract from your singles (indeed it shouldn't - it should just be something a little extra).

I agree about Howell but the trouble is that he nearly always finds a way to throw his chance away if he gets close. He misses too many short 'clutch' putts which the likes of regular winners like Reed/Walker/Kuchar/Johnson & so on rarely do when they're at the top of the leaderboard.

Edited by snowychap

Nice site, is it easy to link in the Google Docs Sheet?

Easier than expected. Other option was to create a table using code which i'm not particularly skilled at. Even so, I think the spreadsheet is better anyway.

If a few people want to have a few bets antepost at Cheltenham I've a few at decent odds to tip up here

Supreme Novices Hurdle - Identity Thief - 33/1

National Hunt Chase - Wounded Warrior - 10/1 

RSA Novice Chase - Irish Saint - 33/1

Neptune Novice Hurdle - Tell Us More - 10/1

World Hurdle - Zarkandar - 10/1

Albert Bartlett - No More Heroes - 10/1

Gold Cup - Carlingford Lough - 20/1

See The World backed at 999-1 on way to remarkable Wincanton win

The uphill finish at Cheltenham is rightly famous for abrupt reversals of fortune as leaders tire and their pursuers begin to chase them down, but even at Prestbury Park there have been few comebacks to match the on-off-on-again performance of See The World in the concluding National Hunt Flat race at Wincanton on Thursday.

Ridden by Aidan Coleman, See The World was in the lead and travelling well as the field turned for home but then started to hang so badly to his left that he almost stopped to a walk. “He’s running off the track, he’s got issues and that is the end of that,” David Fitzgerald, commentating on the race for Racing UK, said as Coleman’s mount apparently threw away any chance of victory, adding: “[Coleman’s] trying to pull See The World up.”

The jockey, however, managed to get See The World balanced and, though he was at least 15 lengths adrift of the new leader, Lincoln County, with less than a quarter of a mile to run, he set off in pursuit. With a furlong to go, it was clear that he was gaining ground rapidly, and See The World finished so strongly that he flew past Lincoln County close to the line to win by four and a half lengths. “This would be incredible if he’s going to get there and he’s going to sweep on by,” Fitzgerald said. “I don’t believe what we’ve seen.”

See The World’s erratic display caused mayhem in the in-running market on the Betfair betting exchange, where a total of £75 ended up riding on the winner at the maximum price of 999-1 and several much smaller sums were matched at prices including 659-1, 519-1 and 399-1.

“He just started hanging and I don’t know why,” Coleman said afterwards. “I had my stick in my right hand as I was going in and out of the wings down the back for the best ground and, coming to the bend, he just started to hang and I didn’t have time to pull my stick through. When I got him back in he was very professional but for a furlong, he just lost his head.”

I've just watched it and it really was quite astonishing. I wonder whether those backing it on the exchanges were on delayed pictures or something!

Â