how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Backed Scottish Independence vote %

Yes vote 45-50% - £100 @ 6/4

Yes vote 40-45% - £40 @ 11/4

Defo a No vote. We've experience of these types of votes in Ireland. Where a portion of people will say they will vote yes but in the quiet solitude of the booth the vote for status quo.

Damn, so close. Final count is 44.7% yes. Still small profit. 

1 Hillstar 1.50 Newbury
(Win and Each Way)
 20/09/2014 2 Places
1/4  Odds 10/3 To Run

2 Jungle Cat 2.20 Newbury
(Win and Each Way)
 20/09/2014 2 Places
1/4  Odds 7/2 To Run

3 Ainippe 2.05 Ayr
(Win and Each Way)
 20/09/2014 3 Places
1/4  Odds 3/1 To Run Multiples

1 Bogart 2.40 Ayr
(Win and Each Way)

20/09/2014 5 Places
1/4  Odds 8/1 To Run

2 Blaine 3.50 Ayr
(Win and Each Way)
 20/09/2014 5 Places
1/4  Odds 11/1 To Run

3 Energia Davos 2.55 Newbury
(Win and Each Way)

20/09/2014 3 Places
1/4  Odds 12/1 To Run Multiples

Edited by Kingman

Sad news that Toby Balding has kicked the bucket ( beeb).

I think he may have been the first trainer over here to have given AP his chance - I certainly remember money won on the Balding/McCoy partnership (G Balding A McCoy).

Edited by snowychap

SHA scoring a goal won me 250 quid last night.

I've mentioned it before but I have a complex betting strategy where if there's a live match on the tv or one I can watch I like to bet when the next goal will be scored. It's a bit of logical, most football games will have goals in them and they're as likely to be scored in the 19th minute as the 21st.

With my method I always like to back one or both of the teams playing to score near the end of the ten minute period e.g. say between 11-20th minute as you can get really good odds even if it's one of the big teams playing at home.

For example SHA were 1 up at Millwall and around the 35th minute the market had them at 15/1 to score before the 40th minute mark, Cotterill scored the free kick at 39.15.

it's quite a good one to do if a team get a free kick in a dangerous area or corner as a chance is quite likely to be created from that.

• 2 weeks later...

2.00 Symphony of pearls 50/1 

2.45 Attente de sivola 10/1 

3.10 Mistiroc 40/1 

3.50 Mr burbidge 100/1 

5.25 Only orsenfoolsies 25/1 

5.45 Clan legend 25/1 

X126 Bets.

New website is up and running

jumpsadviser.com 

Will add to gallery and blog when I visit our horses at Harry Fry on 7th October

Bookmarked.

Is it the three that you're involved in (Highland Retreat, Blue Buttons and Dancing Solo)?

Edit: As for today's stuff, I've stuck a pin in the Ces field and come out with Sir Frank Morgan (at 66s) and I'm interested in how Boondooma runs in the 4.55 at Chepstow (as it went in the notebook last march at Sandown - I thought it didn't stay the 2m4f that day and though he subsequently went on to win over the distance that was at 5/1 on) and I'd probably look to oppose it today.

Edited by snowychap

James Wade to beat Gary Anderson tonight at evens.

One of the best double hitters v one of the dodgiest, in a double start double finish format .

Should be easy money .

Van Gerwen to hit most 180s against Bunting is 11/10 .

If he is in the mood he hits them for fun .

Edited by Brumerican

...I'm interested in how Boondooma runs in the 4.55 at Chepstow (as it went in the notebook last march at Sandown - I thought it didn't stay the 2m4f that day and though he subsequently went on to win over the distance that was at 5/1 on) and I'd probably look to oppose it today.

The betting told the story: well backed and won at 2/1 fav (listened to it on the radio and it sounded as though it won cosily).

Edit: Just watched the race - make that bloodless.

Edited by snowychap

James Wade to beat Gary Anderson tonight at evens.

One of the best double hitters v one of the dodgiest, in a double start double finish format .

Should be easy money .

Van Gerwen to hit most 180s against Bunting is 11/10 .

If he is in the mood he hits them for fun .

He says as Anderson pisses ahead 2 sets to nil hahah

Â