how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Ruacana at 40/1 is worth a few shillings, he's run on good ground since he ran at Leopardstown in Jan and his run lto was very good he was staying on at the end as he got outpaced on good ground. He'll come into his own now he gets his ground. 

The form of that Leopardtown run behind Our Conor and Diakali is superb. It's the last time he got his ground. I'm pretty bullish about him now tbh, think he should be 16/1 not 40s!!

I'm on Cause of Causes (just my ordinary token punt) and a bit of a double going on with Chris Pea Green so let's hope you'll be hitting some xmas form! :)

I'll have a bit more of a look at the Welsh National but after a quick scan of your comments about your two picks, I agree - it'll be effing bottomless there (isn't it ever?).

As I am off work now for a couple of weeks (and having recently read an article on the power of crowds) I thought I would lay down a little challenge to my fellow gambling VT'ers.

All I need you to do is pick one winner a day for 10 consecutive days. The rules of the contest are this:

You make one selection (before 13:00) for any event that day (or for within the next 24hrs)

Your selection can be from any sport (racing, footy etc) so long as prices are available at my chosen bookie (probably bet365)

Your selection must have minimum odds of 1/2 (racing bets will be placed at SP to prevent any arguments)

I will stake you (so you've nothing to lose) for 2 quid and roll any winnings on to your next selection. If anybody makes it through the 10 days then we will go 50/50 on any winnings. If not then at least it should be fun to see who can go deepest. :) If anyone could come up with an even money winner each day that should return over 2k!! :D  (i'm not expecting a huge number of takers as not many people frequent this thread but I better limit the number of entrants...lets say to 10 for the sake of admin and my pocket)

So who is going to start me off?

Is it possible to just give you a ten team accum all on the one day no?

Cos if it is I'll go whoever is applicable (no prices yet) on Pistons, Hawks, Mavericks, Pacers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Timberwolves. 

If you want I'd be willing to double or treble selections so i can get the 1/2 price you require and pick maybe 1-4 teams a night as the one selection over ten days?

Is it possible to just give you a ten team accum all on the one day no?

Cos if it is I'll go whoever is applicable (no prices yet) on Pistons, Hawks, Mavericks, Pacers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Timberwolves. 

If you want I'd be willing to double or treble selections so i can get the 1/2 price you require and pick maybe 1-4 teams a night as the one selection over ten days?

Just to make it easier for me to keep track of everything (I don't want to put too much effort in!), let's stick to one selection per day.

Â