how to beat the bookmaker

villaguy

Do you have a betfair account? I find that betfair is excellent for giving very big odds on some horses in antepost markets. The beauty is that you can then lay a horse after he shortens and they give you your stake back into your account. I remember having 5 runners in the RSA 2 years ago, all were antepost bets and I'd traded my stakes back on all of them. So I had no liability in the race. Was great...

..well untill they all lost that is  :blush:

Newbury

12:20 - Free Thinking £20 @ 10/3

12:50 - Black River £20 @ 7/4

13:20 - The Druids Nephew £20 @ 10/1

13:50 - Saphir Du Rheu £20 @ 10/1

15:35 - Elenika £25 @ 7/1

Newcastle

14:40 - Baile Anrai £30 @ 8/1 - NAP

14:40 - Mr Moss £10 @ 12/1

Bangor

13:30 - Carpincho £25 @ 6/1

Towcester

14:15 Church Field £10 @ 9/1

Fairyhouse

13:55 - Mullaghanoe River £20 (no odds available yet)

Bets bets are in Bold

I've had a Lucky 31 on these 5...

Luck seems to be out at the moment, all well backed horses today and none did the goods.

But Mount Benbulben being tipped up by Racing Posts Tom segal has near sent me apoplectic rage. That word removed has no robbed me of any value I'll get as the bookies immediately slash his odds from 20/1 to 14/1

Utterly gutted by that. I've come to utterly despise these big circulation tipsters. :angry:

Wincanton

13:40 - Lumpys Gold £40 @ 15/8 - Ran well to be 2nd on his last two starts and now switches to handicapping off a very lienient mark of 110, should take this - NAP

14:40 - Jumps Road £10 @ 7/1 - Over priced, won twice at the track earlier this year, has failed to impress in much higher class races on his two starts this term and now dropped down in class

Market Rasen

12:20 Harristown £10 @ 10/3 - Cheek pieces fitted, ran too free last time and can make amends, over priced.

13:20 Young Hurricane £30 @ 3/1 - Did well lto and only up 5lbs in handicap, trip and better ground will see improvement. Also Tony McCoy is eyecatching jockey booking

Leicester

14:00 Morgans Bay £15 @ 4/1 - Always needs first run of the season, he won back to back races at end of last season, one coming at this track. Can progress now off h/c mark of 110

15:00 Dark Glacier £15 @ 10/1 - Risks attached to this horse, but has switched yards to Bowen who is a summer trainer so we can assume this horse prefers good ground as a result. Is now incredibly well handicapped based on past form and visor fitted. Prone to being tempermental.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

Â