Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Owen Farrell finally penalised for a dangerous tackle and could face a lengthy ban, almost certainly putting him out of the European cup match with Leinster. 

he often pushes his luck with tackling bordering on dangerous play but seems to often get away with a lot. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well England eventually get the win,  of the Autumn tournament. But we didnt play well, very one dimensional and lacking in plan B. Decision making was poor today, Farrell going for penalties when off form and the kick for the corner the better option. No surprise that we eventually scored from that move when we had to. 

Malins could have a very bright future, looks different and elusive.

• Like 1

I thought it was an incredibly negative performance on the whole, George Ford never got onto the front front not did we set an exciting three quarters free at any point. If we kick for territory as poorly as we did today against teams who are effective running the ball back we're going to struggle. We need to have another plan than having the best defence and playing for territory.

• Like 2

Invariably he gets away with it because we are winning when he's made similar comments in the past. Talking to my rugby mates they all think it's a little amusing, and it's perhaps just bravado. But I know they'd be questioning him if we carry on in this vein of form. Poor performances against a lesser nation, Georgia, and a very inexperienced French team will not be forgotten quickly.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I have no problem with Eddie and the media, he loves winding them up. Sometimes it comes across as arrogant, but I don’t think he is overly. He’s good at mind games, nothing we’ve not seen in the past with football managers 

Yeah, and England won the World Cup.

• 1 month later...

Six Nations back today!

italy typically being schooled by France today - DuPont is a class act at 9 for France.

Even at week one, I cannot see anyone competing with this current French team.

England recently look laboured and one dimensional and expect a tough game against Scotland this afternoon. 

wouldn’t be surprised if we actually lose either, unless Eddie Jones has changed the way we play dramatically. 

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Poor start by England.

Scotland look up for it but I think Jones’ love in with Sarries players who haven’t played in 7 weeks is having an impact on why England are sluggish and error prone. 

true. but the quality off the bench tends to get us over the line when games aren't going our way. scotland will be kicking themseles at not going into HT with a more commanding lead.

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

true. but the quality off the bench tends to get us over the line when games aren't going our way. scotland will be kicking themseles at not going into HT with a more commanding lead.

Finn Russell has just given England a lifeline with a moment of idiocy 

• Like 2

This is awful from England. As bad as I can remember. Sometimes you have to credit the opposition - and Scotland deserve a hell of a lot of it - but England are offering nothing in return.

Need to get Ford on to have prayer. 

• Like 3

Just now, JB said:

This is awful from England. As bad as I can remember. Sometimes you have to credit the opposition - and Scotland deserve a hell of a lot of it - but England are offering nothing in return.

I am not surprised by the way we’re playing. It’s been on the cards for a while now. 

some of Jones’ selections are very iffy and his master plan stale and predictable.

we’ve been too reliant on ‘finishers’ instead of steam rolling teams from the off. We have the personnel to do it but recently come up way short of expectation :( 

1 minute ago, JB said:

Worst England performance I can think of since we lost 33-0 to South Africa (think I've mentally blocked the 2015 World Cup). 

We've been awful. 

But as you say Scotland deserve a lot of credit. Haven't let us play and shown a lot more desire and creativity. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I predict we will only beat Italy this year.

Not a hope in hell against France or Ireland and Wales will shithouse their way to a win regardless.

I'm hoping the Sarries guys grow into the tournament and that being so poor in this game lights a fire under the squad. 

But being honest I'm struggling to care about the 6N this year with everything that's going on. 

Â