Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

On 31/01/2020 at 15:40, theboyangel said:

I think this decision by Jones will backfire.

Losing a ball out of the back of  scrum going forward is almost laughable at International level

10-0 down after 15 mins and not looking remotely good at this stage

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Losing a ball out of the back of  scrum going forward is almost laughable at International level

10-0 down after 15 mins and not looking remotely good at this stage

Lawes in the back row is not dynamic enough either.

harsh against him for the second try though. Looked to me it was a knock on.

i had France as favourites for the tourno but didn’t envisage we’d be this clueless so early on.

EJ has a lot to consider and remedy. Thing is, he’s not the type to back down from a decision so I doubt he’ll call up a proper 8.

Edited by theboyangel

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Excellent start by the French. Not for the first time Ben Young’s misses a vital tackle. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets to 100 cape (during this tournament) and then we don’t see him internationally again 

Sadly not. He should never have got to 50 caps let alone a hundred. He’s always played one good game in every ten and hasn’t been dropped yet so we’re stuck with him. 

Shockingly poor so far from England. Sluggish, can’t pass, lacking aggression and error-ridden. Decision to not pick a genuine 8 already backfired. 

Villa yesterday, now this.

• Like 2

Have they actually trained together this year?

Genuinely baffled by Jones as a coach. He can get a side to perform like they did against NZ and yet he can also get roughly the same side to perform like they did against SA and how they have in this first half today.

• Like 1

Yep. We seem to have games like this on a fairly regular basis where the opposition looks 10% physically stronger and more focussed than we do. 

Will there be a French collapse where they gift us two tries like there was in their first game last year? Will there ****. 

Edited by JB

Â