Sign in to follow this  
MessiWillSignForVilla

Rugby: General Chat

24 minutes ago, snowychap said:

What were the French doing?

In their own back yard too!! First half they looked in control of the game, second half was something else entirely. France threw that away rather than Wales winning it IMO...

That was one of the biggest bottle jobs I’ve ever seen in any sport. It took being French to a whole new level. Completely agree that France threw it away rather than Wales won it. Sets Wales up very nicely for a tilt at the title. 

Ireland England today will be very close. Ultimately, I think Ireland’s settled game plan and combinations will be too much for us and they’ll win by 6-9 points.

Yes, decent game and a very impressive result to beat a tough Ireland team on their own patch.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

As satisfying a result as I can remember. Fantastic stuff.

I hope it’s possible to maintain that intensity for the rest of tournament. 

• Like 1

Fantastic result for England yesterday, brilliant in attack and defence and to top it off the Irish guy at work was so confident of a win that he agreed to wear an England shirt to work and announce that Farrell is twice the player Sexton is if Ireland lost!

• Like 2

Fair play to Wales. Terrific performance from them today.

That's how not to bottle a grand slam game.

• Like 1

I'm not remotely interested in rugby, but this England-Scotland game is phenomenal. From 31-0 to 31-38.  

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm not remotely interested in rugby, but ......  

..... they did free curry and chips at the football to try and attract a crowd. So can't really complain.

38-38. Wow. 

Both sets of players look disapponted. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

38-38. Wow. 

Both sets of players look disapponted. 

I was disappointed for Scotland

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Fair play to Wales. Terrific performance from them today.

That's how not to bottle a grand slam game.

That was absolutely solid from Wales

• Like 1

England were fortunate in the end to get the draw. Congratulations to Scotland for a superb second half performance.

34 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Former Wales and Lions international Gareth thomas has announced he has Aids:o

It was a huge thing to come out back in 2009, so if this raises more awareness and understanding then fair play to him for raising his hand again. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Former Wales and Lions international Gareth thomas has announced he has Aids:o

Article says he has HIV? 

Forced to break the news before the rags, fecking scumbags. 

I wish him all the best. 

• Like 1

It's nearly upon us. Think world rugby missed a trick though with the fixture scheduling. Japan were always going to open as hosts, that's a given. But a tier v tier 3 nation as the opening game of a major tournament is poor. It's more to do id imagine with Japan getting off the mark. They are been well looked after as hosts too. 7 days at least between each game. I'd be surprised if any other tier 2 or 3 nation has been given that. With that said France v Argentina, The blacks v the boks and Ireland v Scotland opening weekend is great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It's nearly upon us. Think world rugby missed a trick though with the fixture scheduling. Japan were always going to open as hosts, that's a given. But a tier v tier 3 nation as the opening game of a major tournament is poor. It's more to do id imagine with Japan getting off the mark. They are been well looked after as hosts too. 7 days at least between each game. I'd be surprised if any other tier 2 or 3 nation has been given that. With that said France v Argentina, The blacks v the boks and Ireland v Scotland opening weekend is great.

We have a thread for the World Cup 

World cup

Sign in to follow this  

Â