Sheffield United

vandaq

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've seen plenty of teams get promoted, spend little money, rely on the guys who got them up, have a great start with superb work ethic and heart, but it never lasts and almost always ends in a complete collapse later on in the season. I would be astounded if they avoided relegation. 

Blackpool spring to mind, Burnley under Owen Coyle. Hull somehow stayed up 1st time but luckily after major collapse 

Huddersfield staying up was a brilliant achievement aswell as seen by their level with largely same squad over last 18 months.

Key often is getting 20 + points by new year so you often have enough points to get over the line if you have a really poor run in last 10 games.

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Huddersfield staying up was a brilliant achievement aswell as seen by their level with largely same squad over last 18 months.

Key often is getting 20 + points by new year so you often have enough points to get over the line if you have a really poor run in last 10 games.

It can be done.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Another clearing in the woods, maybe if he googled drink driving footballer he would have found some scary news from last month or so

My kid goes to the same school and junior football club as Lee Hughes's daughter. 

Needless to say, I cross the roads a bit more carefully when coming out of those places :lol:

That said, he's a very amicable person (from afar).  Highly thought of at Halesowen Town where he played and managed a bit last season too. 

Â