Sheffield United

vandaq

16 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They've got the best manager.  I've got a feeling Wilder will be offered a job at a bigger club than Sheffield United at some point.  

Was some guy on a podcast recently, think he was an Oxford fan and said they couldnt stand him as manager. He couldn't get a goal out of the squad which is opposite of his Sheff United squad

Yet he got Oxford promoted.  He got Northampton promoted too. He's got Sheffield United promoted twice.  Dude knows what he's doing.  I know he's a Sheffield boy and a Blades fan but if he has a couple of good seasons in the Premier League then I can see a club with some genuine spending power making a move.  

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was some guy on a podcast recently, think he was an Oxford fan and said they couldnt stand him as manager. He couldn't get a goal out of the squad which is opposite of his Sheff United squad

Still got them out of non league but yes a cousin supports them and I remember a few years back when he just moved to Sheffield United talking with him and he said they weren't that convinced by his tactics.

Still his record in last 5 years is extraordinary across all the leagues even if he does have the look of a bloke you'd find propping up the bar at the Aston Social.

• 4 weeks later...

Watching SHU v LIV, and Liverpool are obviously having loads of possession but SU look so bloody organised and look good on the counter. Really rate CW as a manager like the way they set up with 3 across the back that formation would really suit us I reckon.

Can't see anything but a Liverpool win but SU are really holding there own right now.

Edited by zab6359

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Not sure what he said in his post match interview will help the goalkeepers confidence much.  

Well he had Dean Henderson all of last season and he was happy to come back.

I like Wilder. Proper old school way of doing things but Sheffield United quietly play some really good football as they showed yesterday. Think there's been a bit of snobbery directed to their squad so far this season from much of premier league.

I see Sheffield Utd, doing like Blackpool in their first season in prem. Start the season really well as teams totally underestimate them and don’t give them respect. Then from New year onwards, everyone will have worked them out and give them a little more respect. Utd then start losing regularly and fall down the league 

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I see Sheffield Utd, doing like Blackpool in their first season in prem. Start the season really well as teams totally underestimate them and don’t give them respect. Then from New year onwards, everyone will have worked them out and give them a little more respect. Utd then start losing regularly and fall down the league 

Blackpool gave it a really good go that season, were a credit to the league in how they played. Think they went down with 39 points in the end which was highest total in last decade to get relegated with.

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Blackpool gave it a really good go that season, were a credit to the league in how they played. Think they went down with 39 points in the end which was highest total in last decade to get relegated with.

Yeah exactly and that how I think it could go with Utd 

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

4 points from our next two and we're back on a point a game which should be enough to keep us up.

One game is away though. 

With regards to Sheffield, remember they were flying high in the championship around Xmas the year wolves and Cardiff went up and collapsed. Let's hope for the same for our sake

I've seen plenty of teams get promoted, spend little money, rely on the guys who got them up, have a great start with superb work ethic and heart, but it never lasts and almost always ends in a complete collapse later on in the season. I would be astounded if they avoided relegation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've seen plenty of teams get promoted, spend little money, rely on the guys who got them up, have a great start with superb work ethic and heart, but it never lasts and almost always ends in a complete collapse later on in the season. I would be astounded if they avoided relegation. 

Sometimes they get injuries and it starts going tits up so they get in some mercenary in January on a ton of money who doesn't really care but is on way more than the 'old boys' which breeds resentment. 

Â