Premier League Relegation 2013-14

MessiWillSignForVilla

Sunderland's survival depends on when they implode due DiCanio's antics and how quickly after that they fire him. If they give him time to fix the team after their eventual implosion, they're doomed. Newcastle has good team on paper but under Pardew they are doomed. I saw two of their first games and I noticed how poorly they play as a team and I can imagine how fractured their dressing room is.

Their wingers didn't even try to create chances for Cisse and always just cut in and shot behind the penalty box.

Slightly surprised so many people think Cardiff will stay up, they're squad is awful. Despite spending £30m they've not got a lot of premier league quality players.

They've just played two hard home games in Man. City and Everton and got 4 points. I reckon they'll be like Stoke when they first came up, hopeless away but Cardiff stadium will be a difficult ground to win on this year and they'll get enough at home to stay up.

Think Palace will still go down despite a good win, not sure on Hull. Think Brucey has made some decent signings in midfield and defence but I think the lack of a decent striker will cost them, Shane Long would've been a good pick up.

West Brom will hopefully be the other team.

Fair enough, I've not seen them play and I'm just judging them on the squad that came up. I think Medel, Caulker and Cornelius are good signings, albeit too expensive IMO, but other than Bellamy and Whittingham I can't see many players they had last season that will be good Prem players.

I think they're going to suffer from what I like to call Burnley syndrome, get promoted for the first time in 30 odd years, beat a big team in their first home game, look decent through momentum from getting promoted and then fizzle out in the second half of the season.

Fair enough but it's laughable to think Palace have a better squad than them.

Newcastle should not be near the relegation zone this season.

They shouldn't be, but they probably will. There's too much unrest up there, and with no signings I can't see how they'll improve from last year, they're just hoping there players who were poor last season will up their game. I imagine they'll do what they did last year, flirt with it and look in danger but end up between 14th-17th.

For me it's Sunderland, Hull and either Palace or The Boggies for the final spot.

Cardiff's home form will keep them up. 

The Boggies, Palace or Hull don't appear to have someone capable of scoring 15 plus goals which is vital if they are to avoid the drop, and regardless of how quickly Sunderland sack Di Canio his successor will have to manage a team of consisting of journeyman and overseas mercenaries.

Potential six pointers in the next 2 weeks:

14/9/13

Fulham vs. West Brom

Hull City vs. Cardiff City

21/9/13

Newcastle vs. Hull City

West Brom vs. Sunderland

If West Brom lose their next two games or lose and draw then that would be a huge sign they're going down. I think they will regardless but if they can't get a win from Southampton at home, swansea at home, sunderland at home and Fulham away then that's four of the more winnable fixtures gone already

Potential six pointers in the next 2 weeks:

14/9/13

Fulham vs. West Brom

Hull City vs. Cardiff City

21/9/13

Newcastle vs. Hull City

West Brom vs. Sunderland

If West Brom lose their next two games or lose and draw then that would be a huge sign they're going down. I think they will regardless but if they can't get a win from Southampton at home, swansea at home, sunderland at home and Fulham away then that's four of the more winnable fixtures gone already

We lost last year against West Ham A , Everton H , Southampton A with a hammering , Fulham A .. While drawing with Norwich H and Newcastle Away and only winning against Swansea H ..

Well one could argue that we atleast had a win in our first four and couple of goals ..

Saying that , I think they're in a bad position really ..

It will depend also in the form of the teams around them ..

Remember last season we had Reading and QPR who didn't pick their wins early ..

But most of them were away, abdulaziz1, WBA's games are at home which are much, much more important if you want to stay up. Either you're strong at home and hard to beat, a la Stoke, or you beat teams on the counter away, a la us last season. I can't see WBA doing what we did last season, their squad is too old and slow, so they need to arguably win 2/3 of their next 4 games if they don't want to be in a relegation battle.

They're slowly displacing Cardiff or Sunderland in my 3, not sure who yet.

But most of them were away, abdulaziz1, WBA's games are at home which are much, much more important if you want to stay up. Either you're strong at home and hard to beat, a la Stoke, or you beat teams on the counter away, a la us last season. I can't see WBA doing what we did last season, their squad is too old and slow, so they need to arguably win 2/3 of their next 4 games if they don't want to be in a relegation battle.

They're slowly displacing Cardiff or Sunderland in my 3, not sure who yet.

Yeah I agree with you .. I don't think there are teams as bad as QPR and Reading this year too ..

I have a question .. Why does everybody keep saying that Palace are the worst team ?!

I didn't watch any of their games (Not that I watched many games anyway apart from Villa yet) .. But a win against Sunderland and keeping it tight with Spurs wasn't bad results .. Even Their game at Stoke wasn't that easy ..

It seems that Holloway upped his game .. Because his tactics with Blackpool .. Attack anybody .. While here he seem to respect other teams ..

Â