Libor Kozák

samjp26

People hoping he doesn't sign despite never seeing him play is very irritating. When he gets regular games, he's scored for Lazio. Got a hat-trick against Stuttgart last season to send Lazio through.

What happens when Benteke gets injured and we don't have a target man? Helenius isn't one, and Gabby and Andi certainly aren't.

People lazily think 'big man = target man' with regards to Helenius, when he's more a support player.

I've never seen these rules chiseled in stone that says Aston Villa must play with a target man??

People hoping he doesn't sign despite never seeing him play is very irritating. When he gets regular games, he's scored for Lazio. Got a hat-trick against Stuttgart last season to send Lazio through.

What happens when Benteke gets injured and we don't have a target man? Helenius isn't one, and Gabby and Andi certainly aren't.

People lazily think 'big man = target man' with regards to Helenius, when he's more a support player.

I've never seen these rules chiseled in stone that says Aston Villa must play with a target man??

In our system, we play with a target man. Helenius would be a disaster up front by himself at this present time.

Presuming we will be selling Benteke next season it makes sense to have a player in already who can take over rather than having to be desperate to buy next year.

I'd have hoped a benteke replacement would be signed from the huge amount we'll get from selling him.

• Like 1

Maybe so, but that was in Denmark. Big players who don't take the level at once tend to stand close to the defensive wall and win headers because they can't get a touch elsewhere. In fact, almost all of them do. He is used to shitty defensive units in the Danish league, and this is the Premier League.

Maybe so, but that was in Denmark. Big players who don't take the level at once tend to stand close to the defensive wall and win headers because they can't get a touch elsewhere. In fact, almost all of them do. He is used to shitty defensive units in the Danish league, and this is the Premier League.

What? I'm saying the exact opposite of that. In Denmark he was never a target man and rarely won headers  :wacko:

The only issue I have is that I believe an Attacking Midfielder would be more beneficial than a striker. I see the argument about Benteke getting injured, but if we signed a quality CAM that could play with Benteke and suit a system around Wei and Gabby if Teke got injured I think we would have better options.

But until the deadline I will reserve judgement as we could be working on multiple deals. 

• Like 1

Presuming we will be selling Benteke next season it makes sense to have a player in already who can take over rather than having to be desperate to buy next year.

I'd have hoped a benteke replacement would be signed from the huge amount we'll get from selling him.

Would be nice to have the luxury of spending that money across the squad rather than being desperate for a direct replacement. 

In our system, we play with a target man. Helenius would be a disaster up front by himself at this present time.

I disagree, he'd be fine, in terms of his style, whether he'd be fine in terms of his quality, the jury is still out on. We have five strikers of varying qualities, if we cannot use them, and adapt, and play different styles we're severely handicapped.

We're not as blessed in midfield with variety, I'd say if it was a simple either/or (which it probably isn't) I'd get a midfielder. But of this guy turns out to be awesome then all the above is irrelevant.

Would be nice to have the luxury of spending that money across the squad rather than being desperate for a direct replacement.

Surely though we have to replace benteke with true top quality.

• Like 1

Quality signing if so, follow Serie A and he is the real deal, despite what his scoring record says. 

What type of player is he?

A similar undeveloped model of Benteke in my honest opinion, will score a lot of aerial headed goals if he does get the chance.

Unless we finish top 4 this season we won't be signing a player close to benteke (at least not one proven to be as good). Its folly to even hope we will

Surely it's better to sign Benteke's replacement cheap before he's sold. When people know we've got the £50m cash sitting around, we won't be able to get any bargains.

Why on earth would we sell our best player and main source of goals for big money and replace him on the chesp.

Unless we finish top 4 this season we won't be signing a player close to benteke (at least not one proven to be as good). Its folly to even hope we will

I would imagine with over £30 million in the bank we could give it a good go.

Â