Libor Kozák

samjp26

He seems to be technically quite proficient. I remember him hitting a nice arching volley against some team during Benteke's absence that either hit the bar or was tipped over. Think it might have been Hull or possibly Stoke? I think there is more to him than a lot of people think. 

West Brom wasnt it when he played with Benteke

Don't remember saying that. I said it doesn't really add to the debate. Henry played as a winger for 16 games and scored 3 goals. So like I actually said, it brings nothing to the debate about Kozak being suited to different leagues.

Yes it does but feel free to dismiss it if you wish.
It really doesn't. Played in different positions for a start, one had a much shorter spell and actually 3 in 16 is pretty decent for a winger.
Except for Gabby, his 1 in 4/5 ratio as a winger has him described as "stealing a living" and a player many would give away on a free tomorrow given the chance...but alas that is for a different thread!

Some players are suited to different leagues, though. I'm not going to lie, I had never heard of him before he joined so I judge him purely on what he's done for us and he's been decent for us. Think he suffers from Peter Crouch syndrome, looks so gangly and awkward that no one really expects much, even when he is playing well everyone just sort of expects him to be rubbish. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in a Villa shirt and I won't judge him until I've had a chance to actually see what he can do!

Any reason why he didn't play at all against Swindon?

Probably to get more minutes tonight.

Played around 60 mins tonight and did absolutely nothing, definitely not going to fill the benteke void! On a more positive note, sellars looks pretty sharp and skillful, one for future!

I have heard quite a few people say very positive things about Kozak, including how he played today.  Sorry, I just don’t see it, I must be missing something.  For me he did very little. He looked laboured and, surprisingly, not that great in the air. He also missed a sitter.  I will watch the game again on AVTV when posted and will look more closely but overall I am not sure this guy will score many for us this season, just my gut feeling.  If we get two new strikers I might be tempted to send him out on loan to build his confidence and see how he performs. I agree Sellars looks promising.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

I have heard quite a few people say very positive things about Kozak, including how he played today.  Sorry, I just don’t see it, I must be missing something.  For me he did very little. He looked laboured and, surprisingly, not that great in the air. He also missed a sitter.  I will watch the game again on AVTV when posted and will look more closely but overall I am not sure this guy will score many for us this season, just my gut feeling.  If we get two new strikers I might be tempted to send him out on loan to build his confidence and see how he performs. I agree Sellars looks promising.

I have to agree with you, I only saw him win one good flick on in the game but I'm willing to give him more time to get up to speed. 

I'm not sure what to make of him. I'm the first to admit my opinion of him isn't based on much substance as have only seen a limited amount of him. To me he seems, for the lack a better word, a bit awkward; built like a target man but plays like a poacher he seems to have good movement and can pop up with a goal but not offer much else, a bit Darren Bent-esque. I could be completely wrong but this is the impression I get, I'm sure he'll pop up with a few goals next season but I'd be very surprised if he is much more than an occasional substitute.

• Like 4

Did you guys not see him take the ball down, stay composed and keep possession under pressure and move it to the outside of the box before picking out Robinson for the goal with a chipped cross?

There's something there. deserves a chance.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what to make of him. I'm the first to admit my opinion of him isn't based on much substance as have only seen a limited amount of him. To me he seems, for the lack a better word, a bit awkward; built like a target man but plays like a poacher he seems to have good movement and can pop up with a goal but not offer much else, a bit Darren Bent-esque. I could be completely wrong but this is the impression I get, I'm sure he'll pop up with a few goals next season but I'd be very surprised if he is much more than an occasional substitute.

sadly i don't think you are completely wrong....reminds me of Jason Bowery

Jeremy Bowery never actually managed to put the ball in the back of the net though, and Kozak has a decent record. Fairly important difference.

He should definitely be part of the squad as back up striker and will hopefully do well and push for a starting spot. His movement is brilliant, he makes great runs and is very intelligent. He is not good at winning headers but his overall hold up play is very good. He has shown he can take his chances and is a good finisher.

If you're going to make such an odd comparison at least get the names right...

Edited by Mantis

Jeremy Bowery never actually managed to put the ball in the back of the net though, and Kozak has a decent record. Fairly important difference.

It's Justin FFS.

• Like 4

....does it really matter, when we are talking about Kozak

jason,jordan, josh, jim, jack...its all the same when they can't do the business.

Edited by TRO

played pretty decent. Made some pretty decent runs behind which he couldnt get on the end of, played 2/3 awesome crosses. Won a couple of flick ons. General movement was pretty dam good for a big fella

Wasnt exactly bent-esque performance

Edited by gharperr

Off topic but wow Bowery only scored 5 goals in 33 matches for Rotherham. 

more surprised he actually scored

Still the only striker in PL history to have scored more own-goals (1) than goals in the right end (0), as far as I'm aware. 

Â