Libor Kozák

samjp26

Yes. I'm not saying the whole amount should be spent on one player. But at the same time you need to bring in quality.

Did spurs try and sign a cheap bale replacement last summer? No they've reinvested money in quality players from around europe.

Spurs are on a different level. The way you're posting it seems like you're expecting a £20-30m striker in for Benteke when he goes. What £20-30m striker in world football will join us at the moment? I can't think of any TBH... and I also take issue with the fact that it seems like you think money = quality. Remind us, how much did Benteke cost?

Not at all. But lets be honest Benteke is not really the trend. I don't want us to have to gamble again. Whats the point in our new approach if thats what we have to do?

My original point was that i'd hope we weren't looking to sign his replacement on the cheap.

I can't believe people are complaining about signing a player who was the Europa League top scorer last season, the only competition in which he got to have a proper go.

Who is really moaning?

Some have just said they'd be dissapointed with it being a loan.

It makes more sense that it would be a loan if he did very well for them in the Europa league. They probably would be reluctant to let him go without seeing it he can cut it at a higher level. 

Won't be a loan deal. Prob cost about £4m maybe just a bit more. Has a terrific record in the Europa League. AC Milan tried to sign him recently. Few English clubs also. Think it might go through tonight if not tomorrow morning.

Big, powerful and will be a real handful for defenders. Think he'll be a top signing.

A loan doesn't make sense to me either being as Lazio are in need of strikers pretty desperately.

Reckon this will be the only one HH?

Won't be a loan deal. Prob cost about £4m maybe just a bit more. Has a terrific record in the Europa League. AC Milan tried to sign him recently. Few English clubs also. Think it might go through tonight if not tomorrow morning.

Big, powerful and will be a real handful for defenders. Think he'll be a top signing.

A loan doesn't make sense to me either being as Lazio are in need of strikers pretty desperately.

Reckon this will be the only one HH?

Unless I missed it, that Bham Mail article doesn't mention a loan?

I'd imagine it will be the only one yes. But the big guy has a good record and he is a beast of a guy. Worth checking him out on Youtube of whatever to see what you think yourself I don't know how much footage of him is on there.

Put it this way, if something happened to Benteke it would be game over.......at least now there is someone who can also properly lead the line and I think once he settles in you might find the both of them starting.

But deffo not a loan deal - Birmingham Mail are wrong with that one.

Figured as much. Cheers mate.

As excited I am about Villa signing players, do we really need another big strong Centre Forward? We have Benteke and Helenius, surely 2 is enough for that role???

Helenius is big, but a brisk wind could knock him over.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I'm thinking that with this signing perhaps Lambert see Helenius as more of an AM?

Would be surprised if he did. If anything else than CF, I think it would have to be competition for Weimann out on the RW. 

LW: Agbonlahor, Tonev

CF: Benteke, Kozak

RW: Weimann, Helenius

...maybe?  

Â