Libor Kozák

samjp26

On 2017-5-6 at 14:01, Zatman said:

Good luck to the guy, he wasnt a great player but injuries ruined him. 

Not a prick like others that played at Villa so hopefully he gets a decent club and continues his career

Basically this.  Never great, but always tried.  Terrible luck with injuries.  But still...

Kozak3_medium.gif

• Like 2

I feel worse for him than I do for the club about his time here.

I don't think he was ever that good, but any chance he did have of success was obviously severely hampered by his injuries.

He'd have probably been a decent option at this level had he not got those injuries.

Best of luck to him and I hope he salvages a career elsewhere

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Scored the winner for FC Bari against top of the table Frosinone in Serie B. It was his first match for them where he's played close to 90 mins and the win puts them back in the mix for a chance of promotion to Serie A.

Bari-Frosinone 1-0, the biancorossi beat the leaders with a header by Kozak

A suffered match decided by the Czech bomber network that breaks the fast that lasted more than four years

bari-frosinone-1-0-i-biancorossi-battono-la-capolista-con-un-colpo-di-testa-di-kozak--1518278748-grande.jpeg

The Bari returns to win and drives away the ghosts of the mini-crisis. The biancorossi beat the leaders Frosinone with a header by Libor Kozak that breaks the fast that lasted more than four years. A suffered match decided by a kick, with the red and white good to contain an opponent built to achieve direct promotion. The men of Grosso have been able to strike at the right time, closing the game sources of Lazio. With the three points conquered, the Bari rises to fourth place in the standings on equal points with the Citadella.

http://www.ilikepuglia.it/notizie/sport/bari/10/02/2018/bari-frosinone-1-0-i-biancorossi-battono-la-capolista-con-un-colpo-di-testa-di-kozak.html

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

Scored the winner for FC Bari against top of the table Frosinone in Serie B. It was his first match for them where he's played close to 90 mins and the win puts them back in the mix for a chance of promotion to Serie A.

http://www.ilikepuglia.it/notizie/sport/bari/10/02/2018/bari-frosinone-1-0-i-biancorossi-battono-la-capolista-con-un-colpo-di-testa-di-kozak.html

Really happy for him and really happy that he's still playing. I believe he tweeted congratulations to Villa after the derby :D 

Always was a good lad. Didn't the hospital botch his surgery when he was here which led to a 2nd season out?

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

good for him but he has been an unused sub on the bench more times than he has played this season

And?

Kudos to the guy for working so hard to remain as a professional footballer in my opinion, after the bad luck he's had he'll savour every minute he spends on the pitch I'd imagine.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And?

Kudos to the guy for working so hard to remain as a professional footballer in my opinion, after the bad luck he's had he'll savour every minute he spends on the pitch I'd imagine.

Knowing the poster he would have said he should never have been allowed leave and fire us to promotion ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And?

I think Zatman was probably pre-empting Michael's opinion of Kozak. Which needless to say would be... interesting.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Zatman was probably pre-empting Michael's opinion of Kozak. Which needless to say would be... interesting.

Well, along with Cissokho, Bacuna and Westwood he's apparently a top notch PL standard player..........at least according to a few months back anyway.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well, along with Cissokho, Bacuna and Westwood he's apparently a top notch PL standard player..........at least according to a few months back anyway.

Don't forget the next Ronaldo/Messi all on one. Adama Traore.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Knowing the poster he would have said he should never have been allowed leave and fire us to promotion ;)

With a record of 0.47 goals per game in the Premier League, Serie A, Serie B & Europa League combined why wasn't he given more of an opportunity?

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is tough to play footballers with broken legs in today's fast paced game.

He scored twice for us in pre season in 2015/16, then spent the first 20 games of the regular season with the U21's, while we sat glued to the bottom of the table, desperate for goals and and headed for relegation. 

He was barely given a look in by RDM and never even made the bench under Steve Bruce despite being fit to play until mid February last season.

"Certainly Kozak needs to go and play somewhere. He's been fit for the last four or five weeks. He scored twice in the under 23's at Stoke on Saturday." Bruce said.

"To be fair to the boy, he's just got himself back training and fit. It's been a disaster and maybe a change of scenery for him is probably inevitable."

"He needs to go and play football so if we could get a home for him to go and play football, that would probably be good."

(December 2, 2016)

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-update-striker-12262239

Bruce says he only just got himself fit, but he scored a hat trick for the U23's on Aug 29 (a month and a half before Bruce was appointed). He featured for the U23's again on Sep 19 for 87 mins and on Nov 21 & 26 for 90 & 82 mins. 

Edited by Michael118

Libor Kozak: Remi Garde explains the situation with the out of favour striker as Aston Villa head to Southampton

Kozak, who has not made a top flight appearance since breaking his leg almost two years ago, will not be in the squad to face Southampton this weekend

Dec 3, 2015

Libor Kozak's wait for Premier League action rumbles on with boss Remi Garde insisting the striker is no better than Aston Villa's current forward line.

Kozak who has not made a top flight appearance since breaking his leg almost two years ago, will not be in the squad to face Southampton this weekend.

He had a brief run out as a substitute in Villa's 5-3 Capital One Cup win in August, but has been overlooked by Garde and Tim Sherwood before him.

The Czech international scored in the Under 21's draw against Blackburn at Villa Park on Monday evening - but must do more to impress Garde.

"You know my job is to pick what I think the best players are," explained Garde, who is trying to boost a team averaging less than a goal a game in the Premier League this season.

"This is the way it is with Libor.

"I have the feeling for many reasons he could not do better than we are doing at the moment. This is my feeling.

"I am not saying anything bad about Libor. He's not the only one not to be included in the squad. I saw him playing with the reserves then I decided".

Asked what Kozak needs to improve Garde replied: "I can't tell you details but needs to be better. He won't be involved this weekend, no."

POLL

When Villa visit Southampton this weekend Libor Kozak should be...

In the starting line up - 63%

On the substitutes bench - 33%

Left out again - 4%

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/libor-kozak-remi-garde-explains-10543969

Kozak played a bit after xmas in 15/16. He actually combined o.k with Ayew but when he had chances he was too slow to shoot and generally lost the ball (although you could also say this before his injuries).

In the championship all I remember of him was coming on at Derby after Gestede went off and he then had to be taken off after 30 minutes for his own good as he was just terrible. It was best he moved on for his own good to have a fresh start somewhere else.

I'm sure if not for the injuries he'd have been a good premier league squad striker. He had 4 goals in 10 games in his three months before the injury.

Most ironic thing is those early goals had people speculating he was signed to replace Benteke eventually. I was dead against that as his all round game was miles below what Benteke had at that time.

We then signed Gestede who was even less mobile than Libor was.

• Like 1

Â