Libor Kozák

samjp26

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

A poor player made even worse by injuries. 

However, last season when he made a few appearances he actually gave a shit, unlike his team mates. It's a shame his ability didn't match his attitude. 

Good luck to him. 

What makes you think he was a poor player? Whenever I saw he looked a goal threat be it for the first team or the u23s. He was top scorer in the Europa League the year before we bought him, he must've had something about him

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What makes you think he was a poor player? Whenever I saw he looked a goal threat be it for the first team of the u23s. He was top scorer in the Europa League the year before we bought him, he must've had something about him

He never looked up to premier league standard, ridiculously slow even before his injury. And while people continue to mention his goal scoring in the Europa league (think he scored in 4 games) they fail to mention he didn't manage a single goal in the league that season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He never looked up to premier league standard, ridiculously slow even before his injury. And while people continue to mention his goal scoring in the Europa league (think he scored in 4 games) they fail to mention he didn't manage a single goal in the league that season. 

In my opinion, you could tell that he had the poacher's instinct. I remember him scoring on his debut up at Norwich and then he got injured a few games later. Whenever he played for us, he scored goals and looked a threat

• Like 1

My memory of Libor will be the Palace game last year, one of the few we actually won. He seemed to be continually offside and he missed a few chances....but for once that season we actually had a forward who would run in behind, cause defenders some trouble and actually worked the back line and give the opposition cause for concern. He really bloody defended from the front for the team. We snatched a 1-0 and we then put in two decent performances against Leicester and West Brom to pick up 5 from 9. Then Kozak got injured again and I am not sure he even got back in, the rest of the season is a haze of turd.

He did bring a kind of balance to the team in that period, so that is my nice little memory of Libor.

Oh, and Derby too where honestly he looked completely shot to bits..

• Like 3

I'm certainly not here to re-write history but there are a few decent caveats to his Villa career that partially exonerate him.  He certainly never hit the heights we'd hoped for and he was definitely 'much maligned' shall we say, but he was a target man in arguably the least creative Villa side in the history of histories, and then the injuries set in. He was a bit of a contradiction too.  He managed to hit a hattrick in his first game for the U23s this season.  Now OK his physicality is probably a huge advantage at that level against babies.

Best of luck to him though.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he managed to find a good fit somewhere at a slightly lower level and started banging them in.  He probably has a lot of pent up energy and a lot of football in him after his nightmare spell here.

• Like 1

Wrong signing at the time imo, we really needed a decent number 10 to give us another dimension in attack as the counter attacking style got nullified very quickly in 13/14.

That said he was shaping up to be a decent squad striker for us as he was chipping in with goals when Benteke lost form and got injured.

Can't see him getting back to that sort of level, just hope he has a decent end of career. 

40 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think 4 different managers telling him to move on and not picking him says it all really, he's played what? 4 games in 3 seasons?

Well Lambert was playing him regularly even when Benteke was fit.

Injuries ruined him at premier league level, same for Okore.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well Lambert was playing him regularly even when Benteke was fit.

Injuries ruined him at premier league level, same for Okore.

Well he only really had 4 months of action, he didn't sign till deadline day in September then got injured in December, since then none of sherwood, garde* di matteo or Bruce have played him. Yeah the injuries probably cut short any prospect of him succeeding but from what I saw he was painfully slow, the titanic could turn quicker and he couldn't pass for shit.

all in all, another waste of money

*garde played him for a few games when he had no other choice 

Edited by Jimzk5

He was out for nearly two years. Broken leg kept him out for a year and then as he was about to return he had to have another op.

He last played for us before the leg break on December 28th 2013, he returned at Sunderland on 1st Jan 2016.

Whoever you are, two years away from competitive top level football is massive and you could see he was even more limited when he came back.

It's over...the offical Instagram farewell post has gone up.

"bad tackle in training." Will watch if him and Clark ever face each other on a pitch again. I'm sure Libor has learnt the art of a stray elbow from his time in Italy. :P

Â