Libor Kozák

samjp26

His last outing for us was absolutely woeful but, again, he can finish.

I wouldn't be bothered if we got rid, but I'd like to keep him around as a backup striker.  I love his enthusiasm and would like to give the guy a chance after his injury tbh.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs real games to get up to speed and I just cannot see him getting that here (I hope.)

Way off the pace.

Unfortunately in our position, we just don't have the comfort to wait for him to sharpen up with games.

Thats our problem right now.....we have dropped so far in such a short space of time, we need players who will hit the ground running.....Its almost as if we haven't got the latitude to let players develop.....it is a bit of a paradox really.

• 4 months later...

I've been thinking about him over the last couple of days. Bruce said that we were striker-heavy, and seemed to suggest that the number of strikers we own is an impediment to getting in more midfield and defensive cover. He said we had six, so he's obviously including Kozak. 

I note that Kozak failed to make the bench today, making it clear he is behind a] a man who scored one goal all calendar year, has been largely out of shape for ages, received at least two personalised training regimes and two official warnings for misconduct, and was frozen out under a previous manager, and b] an 18 year old kid who had played less than 20 minutes of competitive first team football. 

I spent last summer laughing at those posters who were in favour of free-transfering half our squad, but I'm increasingly wondering if it's such a bad idea after all in this one case. His display at Derby certainly suggested that he is probably worthless or near-worthless, and I'm fairly confident we would accept any offer to take him off our hands, even without a transfer fee, so maybe in this one and only case we should consider letting him go?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've been thinking about him over the last couple of days. Bruce said that we were striker-heavy, and seemed to suggest that the number of strikers we own is an impediment to getting in more midfield and defensive cover. He said we had six, so he's obviously including Kozak. 

I note that Kozak failed to make the bench today, making it clear he is behind a] a man who scored one goal all calendar year, has been largely out of shape for ages, received at least two personalised training regimes and two official warnings for misconduct, and was frozen out under a previous manager, and b] an 18 year old kid who had played less than 20 minutes of competitive first team football. 

I spent last summer laughing at those posters who were in favour of free-transfering half our squad, but I'm increasingly wondering if it's such a bad idea after all in this one case. His display at Derby certainly suggested that he is probably worthless or near-worthless, and I'm fairly confident we would accept any offer to take him off our hands, even without a transfer fee, so maybe in this one and only case we should consider letting him go?

I think you can be 100% certain he would be granted a free transfer. 

Problem is someone needs to afford his wages and he obviously can't find someone to pay him what he's currently on. 

He was our most expensive signing that summer and was bought as back up for Benteke, when we hade obvious problems all over the pitch. That and almost three years of Weimann on the right wing makes you wonder what the hell Paul Lambert has between his ears.

He went on insisting on players like Weimann and Westwood and these players aren't even close to being good enough for the Championship. Still baffles me.

Anyway, back to Kozak, he really is an odd one, he managed to become the Europa League's top scorer and yet not score a single league goal in the same year at Lazio. Injuries have probably ended his carreer as a "footballer".

Edited by WooJung
  • Like 2

back to the club he came through the ranks at if it's true. Good luck to the man. Pretty torrid time with injuries to say the least. Lets hope he gets a few years playing in at whatever level for his sake just on a human level.

19 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

I think it's harsh to call him awful. Two horrendous injuries have been his downfall. Before that he was doing alright for us in the Premier League. 

Let him go and play somewhere and wish him luck. 

This. Always came across well and had a really disaster with injuries. It's very, very difficult to come back from that.

• Like 1

I don't see why he'd drop down to the 2nd division. 2nd division in Czech shouldn't even be considered professional football. It's mostly pub league teams with a few younger players looking to break through to the top division. Plus kozak is still well known and would get numerous first division clubs wanting him. Doesn't make any sense. 

Plus if he is worried about his injuries, the 2nd division is basically a wwe wrestling fest at times. 

• Like 1

Â