Rocket League

hogso

From the GameCentral/Metro review;

In Short: A superb multiplayer game that takes a very simple premise and crafts from it one of the best competitive arcade games in years.

Pros: The controls and moveset are near perfect for what the game’s trying to do, and the range of options and modes impressively complete. Full support for splitscreen multiplayer and bots.

Cons: The physics can seem a little too floaty at times, and it’s sometimes difficult to keep track of the ball in a particularly frantic match.

Score: 9/10

Massive

Played a couple of matches and first impressions are it's great fun.

Simple to get into, but I would imagine there's enough depth in the gameplay to get really good and pull off some outrageous goals.

• Like 1

It's all working for me.

PLayed a few games. Seemed to start really well but finding it difficult now.

Can see it becoming very very fun once you get the hang of it.

• Like 1

I had a great time online tonight. Played 6, won 5 and got 4 MVP awards  B)

I'm sure most of it was down to beginner's luck. Either that or the guys I played against just absolutely sucked. I say that because I trounce the Rookie setting but struggled upping it to Pro when I played single player earlier.

Scored some nice goals though. Also scored an own goal because I slammed on the brakes to stop myself from hitting it into my own net only for some sneaky bastard to hit me into the ball and do it anyway. He did it twice! I learned my lesson after that.

Lots of fun though, love the customisation too.

Pro level is definitely where it's at. Perfect for me at the moment and the games are very tight indeed.

The AI is fantastic isn't it? Really great seeing the computer player getting back into a defensive position when he loses possession and you're bearing down on the goal.

Great stuff!

• Like 1

So basically you're all saying I was right yeah

I play an all star difficulty 4x4 season when not able to get online, great fun. Haven't lost a ranked 3v3 match yet, finished in the top 15 in EU in sarp, hoping to replicate that

Edited by hogso

So basically you're all saying I was right yeah

I play an all star difficulty 4x4 season when not able to get online, great fun. Haven't lost a ranked 3v3 match yet, finished in the top 15 in EU in sarp, hoping to replicate that

post-39925-imgur-the-simple-image-sharer

:D

• Like 2

Â