Rocket League

hogso

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I can't emphasise enough how much I love dropshot. 

It's brilliant.

Especially as it's a gamemode where I can compete with Stefan and Jono, as in regular rocket league if those two are on a team together it's pretty much game over from the start :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My pledge to offer likes for every post in this thread may no longer be required as way of advertisement for the game, but it still stands.

Here's some RL news

• The NBA Flag Pack is being de-listed from 28/09/17, which will be your last chance to purchase it. No one cares about this, I'm sure.
  • Starbase ARC and Wasteland are to become 'standard' pitches, in that their dimensions will match the other pitches. The original versions will only be available offline and in private matches. But of a shame that, I can understand removing them in competitive, but not so much casual. It also means some of the more experimental pitches from SARPBC (Stadium, Cosmic, Utopia) will almost certainly never make it to RL.
  • Transparent Goalposts are finally coming - in the autumn update.
  • Like 1

On 30/08/2017 at 12:34, hogso said:

• Starbase ARC and Wasteland are to become 'standard' pitches, in that their dimensions will match the other pitches. The original versions will only be available offline and in private matches. But of a shame that, I can understand removing them in competitive, but not so much casual. It also means some of the more experimental pitches from SARPBC (Stadium, Cosmic, Utopia) will almost certainly never make it to RL.

Really disappointed by this, and frustrated with people bitching about different pitch layouts.

If you can't cope with playing on a different shaped pitch, you're no good at Rocket League and need to up your game.

• Like 1

It was a great equaliser in SARPBC. If a very good player hated Utopia (doughnut shaped pitch (literally an O) with connected goals), Galloen (pirate ship with elevated levels behind each goal and a mast in the middle) or Stadium (basically Mannsfield now, but with a gap behind the goals like in ice hockey) it was a fantastic way of balancing the playing field if you were good at those pitches.

Is there precident in the FPS community for devs removing 'hard' maps, or ones that require more skill? I can't imagine so, and it certainly seems as though Pysonix are pandering to the moaning minority.

Â