Rocket League

hogso

• 2 weeks later...

Next big update is 5th July, for the 2nd Anniversary of the game. There's a new standard arena, a couple of new cars in crates (so technically free), new 'trails' (not boosts), 'goal explosions', Rocket League radio, and the end of season 4.

The new cars look terrific, and if they were DLC I would probably buy at least one.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd come back to this after a few weeks. How are their servers still this shit?

They've sold more copies than they could have ever dreamed of, plus all of the DLC, and there are still issues with 'not being logged in to the Rocket League servers". I guess I'll play something else!

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 19:51, Davkaus said:

Thought I'd come back to this after a few weeks. How are their servers still this shit?

They've sold more copies than they could have ever dreamed of, plus all of the DLC, and there are still issues with 'not being logged in to the Rocket League servers". I guess I'll play something else!

They have sold more copies than they could have dreamed of, but that still amounts to little to no money. Why? Rocket League has sold 10.5 million copies ($170 million revenue), but it has 29 million players (thanks to PS+) and that kind of server upkeep isn't cheap even using the cheapest servers which they are. Now DLC which is sold for 60% of the games base cost and of which 70% of the player base has bought some DLC is helping, but it's likely not helping enough because if it was the servers would be getting better which they aren't. Blizzard (World of Warcraft) in 2008 spent $50 million in a single year on server upkeep costs for 24 million players, Rocket League has 29 million and if the costs are similar then the money Rocket League made isn't enough to support Rocket League long term. So if you love Rocket League and have fun in Rocket League it may be worth putting up with the issues as they are literally doing the best they can.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hogso said:

Blimey that's good, you must be at World Champion of the Whole of Rocket League level now?

:lol: 

I'm talking about @villarule123's odd stats that he makes up.

We'd lost 2 games and he said in our 5th game we'd not conceded in normal time.  Which is something to be happy about :lol: 

You're SHIT now Hogso!! What the hell happened man!? ;) 

• Like 1

Naw, you're just better than you were so the skill gap is smaller :D OK I did score that horrendous OG, but I made up for it later in that game. We didn't do too badly, must've been something like 4 wins 2 loses?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hogso said:

Naw, you're just better than you were so the skill gap is smaller :D OK I did score that horrendous OG, but I made up for it later in that game. We didn't do too badly, must've been something like 4 wins 2 loses?

I joined lapal's party while he was still playing with you last night and the first thing I heard was 

"Oh my god Hogso has just scored a ridiculous own goal!!!"

:D 

• Like 1

It really was that bad! Medium paced shot from right side of midfield going towards bottom left corner of our goal, I sped along from the left wing to clear it!...and just smashed it straight in to the goal.

Calculated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hogso said:

It really was that bad! Medium paced shot from right side of midfield going towards bottom left corner of our goal, I sped along from the left wing to clear it!...and just smashed it straight in to the goal.

Calculated.

I lol'd! :)   

• Like 1

I think it's official.

@villarule123 is the worst RL player.  He's a disease.  He's RL's version of Jonah. 

He's good, but absolutely stupid with it.  He waits when he shouldn't, he arses about when he shouldn't, he's entirely unpredictable, he scores so many own goals it's retarded, his positioning when attacking is absolutely unfathomable, and leaves you open to simple tap in's should the ball not go exactly where he wants you to put it, his aerials are 70/30 - 70 being awful and he's a subhuman piece of shit when it comes to "sledging" the opposition :lol:  

MY GOD I HATE DA MAN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

brutal

But I say it as someone who is quite obviously not as good.

I have way better win/loss with randoms and you, than I ever have with Jono.  

Maybe it's an anomaly, but **** hell it's frustrating. Then he just arses about after 3 losses of 3-2 on the bounce :lol: 

There's no way I should be in Gold 2 and him in Silver 3. He's way better than me technically.  He can manoeuvre the car better, better aerials, dribble really well and yet he still loses more than he wins (with me) - it's just odd.

Maybe our play just doesn't suit each other, I'm a (try) to do the basics well player, he's much more "flarey". 

• Like 1

That's cheered me up :crylaugh:

My downfall is the PC version. I play the PS4 version in the same style and you just can't do that. They are two totally different games and I've become really bad on the PS4 one now. I'll try and upload some videos from the PC game, but the ball when I'm dribbling is stuck to my car like magnet, whereas on the other game I'm constantly fighting with the ball, which leads to mistakes. 

As for being cocky/annoying, just ask @Rino8 from our pro club days :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â