Rocket League

hogso

• 2 weeks later...

Can't remember the last time I properly played doubles, getting blue in solo standard has been my focus for sooo long. That's my next thing to try and level I reckon. You All Star? 

A question...

when you guys are dribbling, can you see over the ball? As in if a car is driving towards you, can you see him coming?

When I dribble I can't see anything in front of me. So any juking or anything I ever attempt is just done blind. Guesswork.

I changed my camera settings absolutely ages ago, like when we first started playing, and I'm wondering if I lowered it.

Could be one of the (MANY) reasons I'm so crap at dribbling.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

You just get used to your surroundings, how quickly you will get closed down etc.

Don't dribble in a straight line, go to the sides and you will be able to see what is coming. When the game first game out I just went in an arena on my own and practised driving with the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

You just get used to your surroundings, how quickly you will get closed down etc.

Don't dribble in a straight line, go to the sides and you will be able to see what is coming. When the game first game out I just went in an arena on my own and practised driving with the ball. 

I've done that. I still suck :D

• Like 1

Play around with your camera settings. There are tons of lists and tips online about how to get the most out of the camera, or what the pro's use, but it's very much dependent on your style of play.

If you're struggling with seeing over the ball when dribbling though, I'd suggest you try a higher 'camera height' setting and possibly 'camera angle'. 'Camera FOV' might be handy too if you want to see more of the pitch.

Edited by hogso

I originally fiddled with them to increase FOV. Which worked well, it definitely helped. 

But it just strikes me whenever I try to dribble I can't see anything in front of me.

Even on a straight kick off. I can't tell if it's one of those times where the opposition is sleeping and so hasn't gone for the ball because I can't see over it.

• Like 1

So I only play in standard mode with 2 other mates. Played 650 games now. They play a lot together and separately so have racked up like 2500 games each. I'm still so shit at flying! I thought I would be good at it by now but I just do not understand how people do it so well. And dribbling. Really annoys me. Grr.

• Like 1

I'm ok at Aerials. But I've gotten into the habit of ending them with a flip. Which when it works is brilliant because you get way more power than a normal aerial. But they're less accurate, and after a couple of seconds you can't flip at the end of an aerial so if you try it you end up missing by miles and looking a tit.

With dribbling, I was saying to Jono last night. I can actually do it a bit. But my main problem is initiating a dribble. I just never ever think "I'll bring this down and dribble it". My instinct is always to meet the ball in the air and hit it forwards. So I basically never even give myself the chance to dribble.

• Like 1

Â