Rocket League

hogso

Doubles does seem to throw up more shit than other modes, it's weird. 

The other day I was 1-3 down with half the game to go. Other guy starts moaning and blaming me, stops playing. Obviously it's a loss, 1-7 in the end I think. Guy didn't quit though and threw some more abuse at me during the post game. Our opponents called him out tho, which was nice to see. 

I match make for another doubles and guess what :D same guy on the opposing team this time. They start well and go one up. He scores and gloats. We equalise, I remain composed. They score with 30 secs left, another torrent. We equalise with a second left. I don't say a thing other than a 'Great Pass!' in regards to my team mate. 

After 2ish minutes of OT I complete my hattrick and win the game. I just type in his name with a winky face, he leaves ;)

I will not get bored of this game, much like sarp. 

Edited by hogso

Still playing doubles myself.

since the reset I just cannot get back to challenger elite, I'm not too far away currently but it might take another week or so. 

Before the reset I was a couple of wins from the next ranking above challenger elite, think I might have been out of my depth there though.

• Like 1

RLCS finals day today, some unreal talent on display. The grand final will be in a few hours time. 

They've just had a reveal for the September update - the new 'Rumble' mode. Basically there appear to be power ups that freeze the ball, spikes that attach the ball to your car, a grapple that pulls the ball towards you, and a boot that will extend from your car to hit the ball. 

Weird. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hogso said:

RLCS finals day today, some unreal talent on display. The grand final will be in a few hours time. 

They've just had a reveal for the September update - the new 'Rumble' mode. Basically there appear to be power ups that freeze the ball, spikes that attach the ball to your car, a grapple that pulls the ball towards you, and a boot that will extend from your car to hit the ball. 

Weird. 

Its definitely needed, i'm still playing but they need to freshen up the game to keep me coming back in the near future.

• Like 1

iBP Cosmic won the RLCS for anyone that cares, beating my personal faves Flipside Tactics in the grand final 4-2 in a best of 7 series. Cosmic were the last NA side in the last 6 too, I think. They were approaching 60k viewers on Twitch I believe, aswell as the live audience.

The details on the new mode were very slim, other than the trailer, which is probably online now I guess. It turns the game almost in to Mario Kart Football, which should be fun. Or annoying.

Looks pretty rad.. Seems like a mode that makes it a fair bit more casual for those that weren't around 1-2 years ago and haven't sunk 1000 hours in to the game which is good.

• Like 1

More info about RL Rumble from the OS

Like the “Hoops” and “Mutator” modes before it, Rocket League Rumble will appear in online playlists and Private and Exhibition matches. For the latter, you can select specific Mutators, including Slow, Civilized, Destruction Derby, and Spring-Loaded. The complete power-up list includes:

• The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
  • Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
  • Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
  • Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
  • Haymaker (Punches the ball)
  • Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
  • Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
  • Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
  • Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
  • Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
  • Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)

Wonder how frequently they'll appear? If it's as often as a full tank of boost does...that would be nuts

It's just a shame it'll likely go the way of hoops, as in everyone will play lots for a couple of weeks, then it'll be dead.

I'd like to see some kind of 'hardcore ranked' mode. Any rules go, one game might be a Rumble match, the next might be mutator, or on a crazy map, or hoops, or ice hockey. Maybe even a boring vanilla map with nothing different, occasionally. It'll be a ranked mode to show who can deal with anything the game throws at them, and it'd help keep the alternative game modes alive.

• Like 1

I've got 2v2 and Standard up to Challenger Elite, Solo Standard shouldn't be too far behind, but 1v1...man. I can go from winning 3 on the trot without any trouble to be decimated for 3 games on the spin. And that's only Challenger 2! Very unforgiving of course, if you play too defensive you get undone against good players, if you play too aggressive you can get undone by shit players. It's a very fine balance, so when my game is off I'll lose no end of games.

Â