Rocket League

hogso

Definitely agree with the hoof it clear tactics. You don't need to be too clever or have intricate timing, sometimes it's best to just clear your lines and wait for an opportunity to develop.

i won 10 games in a row on doubles basically just being being the utility man in the 1st third of the pitch generally just hoofing anything dangerous back down the field and letting the other guy do his best to score.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bought this game last night.

Never felt so shit in my life. I am sorry to everyone I played with.

PS4? 

Neo Tokyo update and the start of Season 3 is today! The new trophies/achievements are;

• Mad Scientist – Play a complete match in 3 different Rocket Labs Arenas (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • Icing the Cake – In Snow Day, score a goal from your own side of the ice (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • Left Wing, Right Wing – Win a Snow Day match with both the Blue and Orange Teams (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • Fast Break – Score at least 2 Dunks in the first minute of a Hoops game (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • Buzzer Beater – With 30 seconds left, win a game of Hoops in which you were tied or trailing (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • Budding Artist – Collect a Painted Item (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • One Better – Increase the level of a Certified Item (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25 Points)
  • Certifiable – Earn Veteran status for your Certified Item (PS4 – Silver, XB1 – 75 Points)

I like them! Very different, not all that easy, and will get you playing different game modes.

In addition to all the stuff that I mentioned in my previous info dump about this updated, there's also a Showroom for all the DLC, so you can view new cars and decals, etc. in game before you buy them - and purchase them without having to open the actual store. Very nifty.

Lord only knows what is next for the game. I think one route they could go down which would be popular is to create some sort of game mode for the more casual players. Something that retains a competitive edge, but downplays it in exchange for a bit more 'fun'.

Game modes like Tennis/Volleyball, Racing, Demolition Derby, Snooker/Pool have all been suggested and could be implemented, but I believe there is another option that has almost endless possibilities, and could be done in game successfully.

Golf.

You could play on your own, or with upto 7 others - 9 hole, 18 hole - perhaps eventually there could even be user created holes. This would be more of a short form 'crazy golf' variety of the game, but I am convinced it would work well, be really popular with the casual fans, and provide a more fun alternative to the sometimes seriousness of the main game mode.

In regards to Season 3, I am looking forward to it cos it'll get me playing competitively again, but I'm also not as I have been playing badly lately, which I'm putting down to lack of practice and game time.

Managed to have a quick look at the update this morning before work. The showroom works great, as does the trade in system. You can use which ever items you like that are uncommon, whether you have dupes or not. I got rid of 5 I wouldn't use just to try it out, got a rare decal for the dominus. You don't get to pick what you get, it's random.

Played a single competitve game, solo standard. I found myself quite apprehensive, as it's a complete unknown who you're playing with and against, skillwise. It was a solid 1-0 win for our team. The post-match showoff thing is pretty cool, I didn't get any special titles though.

Can't wait to get back home to play more!

• Like 1

I just played the new map for the first time. I absolutely love it, it's like playing for the first time again. I remember how much people moaned about Wasteland, I can't imagine people are enjoying this. :D 

• Like 1

Feels tiny doesn't it? So compact, especially with the pillars breaking up the pitch. 

Glad they got rid of 'two goals', and I'm sure utopia/doughnut had been changed slightly. 

I finished in Challenger 3 last season, and just got matched up, with some random guy, against two people with a "season 2 grand champion" tag, playing as a team. **** hell.

It was only 4-0, but they spent the last 30 seconds both in the air, tapping the ball to each other with the noses of their cars, taking it in turns to go down and get more energy...That was humbling.

Managed to detonate the **** a couple of times though. :P 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

got matched up, with some random guy, against two people with a "season 2 grand champion" tag, playing as a team. **** hell.

Same just happened to me, although in 3v3. Knew my team didn't stand a chance so played in goal the whole game. Got it to overtime, 0-0, having made 5 saves, they scored after about another minute. It was fun though, loved the challenge, and we had a few chances to nick it, but it would've been so unfair on them

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

This game has gone from really fun to infuriating.  I'm just not getting any better :(

I reached that point a while ago.

It gets pretty dull after that.

• Like 1

The wipe is a total luck of the draw. We played 8 games 3v3 last night and didn't really play anyone really good (apart from one guy who carried his team) but we played some right shit people.

However, I don't see the point of the 10 placement matches if everyone is at zero anyway.

@PieFacE practise aerials. Once you're adept in the air, the game opens up.

• Like 2

My physical collector's edition came today, turns out the exclusive 'poster'/'art print' is a little postcard thing. Gone on my desk at work in pride of place ^_^

Haven't actually used the code to download the new cars yet though, eager to asap! Will hopefully be on tonight trying them out.

Â