Rocket League

hogso

I'll be on this, didn't go on last night as I wanted to get used to it first but after stefans description of his skills now I'm thinking **** it :)

Definitely mate.

Don't worry, I don't think any of us, apart from Hogso, are anything special.

There was a goal where the ball came at me really slowly, but I panicked, forgot which button I wanted to press, and just watched in horror as the ball bounced off my stationary car into my own net :crylaugh:

If you're shit, it just makes the game funnier!

• Like 1

I'll be on this, didn't go on last night as I wanted to get used to it first but after stefans description of his skills now I'm thinking **** it :)

Definitely mate.

Don't worry, I don't think any of us, apart from Hogso, are anything special.

There was a goal where the ball came at me really slowly, but I panicked, forgot which button I wanted to press, and just watched in horror as the ball bounced off my stationary car into my own net :crylaugh:

If you're shit, it just makes the game funnier!

You make me :(

• Like 1

You're definitely special, mate.

Edit: ps, I went on reddit on my lunch looking for tipzzz. There was a post from someone complaining about how much trash talk there was, and how he kept being called a scrub :crylaugh:

I bet that was you!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I managed a few games last night, noticed some players constantly seem to have that fast boost and get ahead of everyone to score

The key is to drive over boost pads, or better, grab a full pick up whenever you're not in pursuit of the ball. If the play looks like it's going to switch and you need to defend, head back to your goal via one of the corners, or sides, to pick up a full tank. When/if play breaks again in your favour you'll be good to boost when everyone else may have expended their tank chasing the ball. It is, of course, not always a case of ball watching. On the contrary - it goes without saying that you can't have an effect on the game if you never touch the ball. It's about anticipation, and timing.

Plus there's the fact you can go 'supersonic' (if they still call it that) with having any boost. Do a kind of forward diagonal roll a couple of times in a row, and you'll be pelting along. Try the tutorials if you haven't done them all, they're pretty decent at showing you how to play at a more 'advanced' level.

Re: the trash talk, I've not encountered much yet, but on sarp I was accused of being a lag switcher untold times. One plus on RL so far, is that in ranked games there seems to be a real willingness to complete a game even if your team is losing 8-0 or something. Great stuff. I'd never quit if my team mates did, but would certainly switch to the losing team if it's unranked.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

I knew there was something I wanted to ask.

Customising your car is all for aesthetics, right?

As far as I could tell it doesn't change your performance in any way?

• Like 1

It doesn't, but, I suppose with a large topper the ball might react differently when you hit it? Haven't tested it though.

I just thought, in the alpha they tested the 'mutators' stuff like cube balls, small balls, low gravity, unlimited boost, and more besides, just to mix up games a bit and make it a bit more different. They haven't been mentioned at all in regards to the full release, so they may be DLC i guess.

Really hoping they put in some maps like utopia (a doughnut, where you can drive through the opponents goal) and galleon (a pirate ship with 2 levels and a mast in the middle), they've also confirmed any maps would be free to all, but there may be other paid DLC

Edited by hogso

Wish there were more games like this on the current gen - fun multiplayer games! Apart from this and Garden warfare, there's not much out there.

Hope this doesn't get ruined by micro transactions in the future.

• Like 1

I'll be on around 10 if people want to play some more. 

I think we might actually be in danger of having too many VTers playing at the same time with this game.

'tis but a pipe dream that would ever happen on GTA 5.

• Like 1

Â