Audi A4 or A6

TrentVilla

A6 Avant is a huge car. The A4 is surprisingly small.

Bickster is absolutely bang on with the particulate filter warning incidentally. If you buy a diesel, it will cause you an expensive problem - we've just moved on from a Passat Estate diesel after a year of problems from it. Once you go past the point it can be regenerated fully, unless you know someone with VAG diagnostic software you're going to be doing lots of pointless miles twice a week trying to temporarily fix it. And even the diagnostic fix is only buying you time.

• Like 1

Out of interest why not the A5 Trent?

I only say this because im looking at either an A4 or A5 atm and i cant make my mind up.

We are after the Avant (estate) due to the dog and the A5 doesn't have that option.

We were all set on the A4 but then the deal they've offered us on A6 is staggeringly good.

I don't know if you are as far as talking numbers with them on the A4 but I can't believe how much I got them to move on that either.

Cadillac ATS ;)

So that's our story. While flawed, the Cadillac ATS is the best $50,000 sport sedan of the three. Audi couldn't make an S4 materialize in time for this comparison, so we can't say with certainty the Caddy is the best you can buy. However, I'll go out on a limb and say it is. Summarized Mr. Evans, "When we did that eight-car comparison the 328i won, I remember getting out of the other cars, climbing into the BMW, and thinking, 'This is it. This is how you do it.' I had the same feeling today driving the Cadillac ATS."

I only say this because im looking at either an A4 or A5 atm and i cant make my mind up.

We are after the Avant (estate) due to the dog and the A5 doesn't have that option.

We were all set on the A4 but then the deal they've offered us on A6 is staggeringly good.

I don't know if you are as far as talking numbers with them on the A4 but I can't believe how much I got them to move on that either.

Take the dog to Battersea and get the A5 :)

Thanks for the input so far guys.

It will be a family car used for UK holidays etc for me the misses, a child under one and everything that goes with them and a dog plus hopefully another kid within the time we own the car.

So the space of the A6 is appealing especially on the deal I've been offered.

I do need to park in a multi-story car park every day though which concerns me a little from Blandy's comment.

I like the more sporty feel of the A4 but think I'm swayed to the A6, both are the Avant models.

Good point on tyres/servicing Chrisp.

Choffer, if you are seriously looking at A6's I'm happy to share on PM details of the deal they've offered.

Any more input welcome guys.

A4 is too small for this use, unless your dog is tiny.

Audi itself or an independent?

Are they both of the same engine option? If so, there won't be much difference between the two bar the level of space. Both have similar interiors too, but I think the A6 Avant is the better looking car of the two.

If engine and spec levels are similar then I would go with the A6 if the budget allows.

A6 is too big? How tiny are parking spaces over there?

My father had an A4 for a while (moved it on when gas prices started going nuts; everyone in the family still misses it), driver/passenger space was great but the back was somewhat cramped with a full car (though we're mostly quite tall). 

A6 is too big? How tiny are parking spaces over there?

My father had an A4 for a while (moved it on when gas prices started going nuts; everyone in the family still misses it), driver/passenger space was great but the back was somewhat cramped with a full car (though we're mostly quite tall).

Inner city multi storey car parks can be ridiculous.

Audi itself or an independent?

Audi dealership.

Put the deposit down yesterday am, got a amazing deal on the A6.

Spent two weeks haggling with them and playing them off against BMW but worth it in the end.

Can't wait to get it.

I wouldn't put Continentals on my wheelbarrow.

Funny thing is they make exceptional road cycling tyres.

Hmm - possibly but you need muscles like Arnie to get their tubs on to the rim. Pressures seem to wear quite though if you have 'folders'.

We had Contis on our Clio;  they cost a fortune if you replaced them with the same tyre, had the spec for a Formula 1 car (totally unwarranted) and didn't last very long at all. Do Audi use Contis on all their range then ?

Â