Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Theres a few injuries so we may not get to see all the changes we want. I suspect Delph and Gabby wont play or Benteke. Lowton to come back in, Bacuna can play in midfield. Up front the same 3 that finished the game against Norwich I think.

I'd go for something like this (if fit):

Steer

Bacuna-Vlaar-Clark-Luna

Sylla-Delph

Albrighton-Helenius-Bowery

Kozak

I know it's abit ropey, but prefer to rest Gab and Weimann.

Isn't Delph injured? sorry but with that side we may as well hand the game to Spurs

Well we learned from the game vs Rochdale that Lambert will play his strongest possible team except for Goose.

Mayby not the case with it being a top prem team, he might stay with guzan for consistency

---------guzan----------

Bacuna vlaar Clark Bennett

---kea Westwood delph-----

Weimann-----------gabby

---------kozak---------

Even a 2nd string Spurs team isn't a team to be taken lightly. 

Think of the quality they can bring off the bench as well. I wouldn't fancy trying to face a fresh Paulinho after having played for 70 minutes. 

I still think this could be a late heart breaker. 

20 quid for tickets for a 3rd round league cup match?! Will be barely 20,000 in.Thanks Spurs.

It's only a fiver more than the last round, and that was against Rotherham.

£20 is fair.

The Holte End was £12 at Rotherham. Even with my C grade in GCSE maths  and the lateness of the hour I make that a £8 difference. Not that I am spiltting hairs or anything.

Coming back from Uni for this one, let's hope it's worth it!

I can't see him playing a 2nd string team for this. We were pretty much at full strength for Rotherham so I can't see why he wouldn't do the same here. Kozak will no doubt be in for Benteke so it'll be interesting to see what he can do with his first start.

Not really bothered about this. I'd be going for a a much weakened team for sure. Though I don't expect us to get anything against City, that should still be the priority.

Steer

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bennett

Sylla Delph

Tonev Gardner Helenius

Kozak

That would be my choice. Steer is the cup-keeper and should remain so. I'd start Bacuna as being up against Spurs' wide-players will be good preparation for the City game. Possibly sub him off at H/T if he shows signs of fatigue. Baker needs a start and it's better to play him alongside Vlaar if we are. Bennett would've got this regardless of how Luna had played but any sort of half-decent performance and he should start against City. Sylla hasn't played much and will definitely start you'd think. KEA seems to be playing similar role so may as well start Delph alongside him. Decent opportunity to give Gardner a run-out and see if he might be the answer to our AM woes. Tonev was dreadful but with Gabby picking up a knock and Weimann needing rest, it will be a chance to redeem himself. Helenius is another that deserves a start to show what he has to offer. There is a chance that Benteke won't be fit in time for City but I would still risk Kozak in this one as leaving him out may harm any momentum he has taken from the Norwich game.