Front 6

Richard

When I saw this thread I thought you meant Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, Tonev, Helenius & Kozak. What a great deal of competition for places, I'd say Matty Lowtown & Guzan are the only ones with someone nipping at the heels for their position. That being said Lambert had no problem dropping Shay for Brad, so I assume Steer has every chance. I think Lambert now has options, hopefully we batter the shit out of Newcastle all over the park.

When I saw this thread I thought you meant Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, Tonev, Helenius & Kozak. What a great deal of competition for places, I'd say Matty Lowtown & Guzan are the only ones with someone nipping at the heels for their position. That being said Lambert had no problem dropping Shay for Brad, so I assume Steer has every chance. I think Lambert now has options, hopefully we batter the shit out of Newcastle all over the park.

Did you mean without someone nipping at their heels? If not, I'm puzzled. If so, I think I'd add Luna to the unchallenged.

although gabby and andi are playing as wing forwards, 4 strikers is just too risky, leaving delph and westwood on the back foot, they need someone else in there, i think if PL did go 4-4-2, we could see a front 6 of this maybe?...

---------------- Kozak/Helenius -- Benteke ----------------

Tonev -- Delph/Sylla -- Westwood/El Ahmadi -- Bacuna

Edited by AndyBM

Yeah. The great news is Lambert can rotate our entire front line if he needs to and still field a strong team.

I do wonder if he is going to base one set of attacking options around Benteke and the other around Gabby. While they all play well together it is clear that Benteke and Weimann have a great reading of each other. It makes me think Lambert maybe on the lookout for a partner for gabby in some way.

• Like 1

Did you mean without someone nipping at their heels? If not, I'm puzzled. If so, I think I'd add Luna to the unchallenged.

I did, sorry up the walls at work. 

Â