The Captaincy

maqroll

I'm not sure Ron Vlaar is our best choice for captain. He doesn't act like a captain, in fact he hardly seems to open his mouth at all. He doesn't lead by example on the pitch, either. IMO, Guzan, Weimann or Delph are better suited to wear the armband.

Edited by maqroll

I'm not sure Rob Vlaar is our best choice for captain. He doesn't act like a captain, in fact he hardly seems to open his mouth at all. He doesn't lead by example on the pitch, either. IMO, Guzan, Weimann or Delph are better suited to wear the armband.

I agree. A player that doesn't even exist shouldn't be our captain.

• Like 3

ive always believed that a captain should lead from the back, like a centre back or defensive midfielder, someone who can see the whole of play in front of them, and someone with experience, i dont agree with keepers being captains though

I'm not sure Rob Vlaar is our best choice for captain. He doesn't act like a captain, in fact he hardly seems to open his mouth at all. He doesn't lead by example on the pitch, either. IMO, Guzan, Weimann or Delph are better suited to wear the armband.

I agree. A player that doesn't even exist shouldn't be our captain.

Too early in the morning to post syndrome  :D

There isn't exactly anyone who you can argue would be a better captain then Vlaar. Guzan perhaps but I'm not convinced by GK captains. So he'll have to do for now.

There's not many I would call 'captain material' in the squad and therein lies the problem.

A captain has to have a voice and presence and imo shouldn't be too young

Would have to be Guzan then. I know some dont like goalkeeper captains but Real Madrid, Spain, juve and Italy have alway done ok.

Personally I think Vlaar's a good captain - he seems pretty vocal to me?  Was straight over to talk to Baker (I think it was) when he scored an own goal towards the end of last season, and you see him going round all the players at the start of the game.

I think Guzan is also captain material.

Â