Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

daggy_333

I'd line out with the following if all are fit and available:

-----------------Steer------------------
Jonacien--Vlaar--------Okore----Bennett
-----------Sylla-------Bacuna-----------
Albrighton------------------------Tonev
-----------Helenius--Weimann------------

Vlaar and Okore starting because they need match time to forge an understanding, Bacuna in midfield again to let him gain confidence, Andi up front because he needs a goal, Sylla in to get match practice, Jonacien in because Matty Lowton has played a ridiculous amount of football this past year, Bennett in because he needs match practice in case we need him due to an injury to Tony Moon and Tonev/Albrighton on the flanks to see if we can have a plan B playing from the wings if we need it

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

keeper.png
Steer
home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Okore
home.png
Baker
home.png
Bennett
home.png
Sylla
home.png
KEA
home.png
Gardner
home.png
Tonev
home.png
Helenius
home.png
Weimann
For me we need to be playing Bacuna in midfield whenever we do use him. That's his primary position and it's the one he needs most practice at. IMV his pre-season spent at RB is one of the reasons he looked so out of place against Liverpool. He suffered at Groningen by being bounced from pillar to post and if we're going to get the best out of him we need to start putting him in his preferred position.

Yeah fair point.  Whats our alternative? Herd? 

Hope he does. I wanna see helenius play a full match, at least start. Same for Albrighton and sylla. Gardner is most welcome, and the same can be said for grealish, if there is any plans for him this year in the first team. Tonev should start as well for Gabby, he should play higher up on the field as an LW. I think that would suit him the best imo, and it would be nice to see how him and albrighton would do on the wings. Hope benteke doesn`t play as I see no need for it. 

There were 42000 against Liverpool unless they lied when they read out the attendance?

When I said 39k I wasnt including the Pool fans.

Probably more like 35k then. Always, always get lpool and yewunited fans in the home end every season. 'scuse me mate, can you tell me where the Holte End is?'

Got my tickets today, upper trinity completely closed off tomorrow night , Rotherham bringing 3,000 and the lady at the ticket office said ticket sales are higher than the tranmere match last season

Got my tickets today, upper trinity completely closed off tomorrow night , Rotherham bringing 3,000 and the lady at the ticket office said ticket sales are higher than the tranmere match last season

Just as well as that was probably the quitest I have ever seen Villa park! The infamous Southampton game in the 80s was before my time!

ye the tranmere game was terrible, worst ive known villa park and attendance was shocking, never heard the story about the Southampton game in 80s though, not sure where to sit tomorrow, gonna use my villa cash, surely a clean sheet is on the horizon

ye the tranmere game was terrible, worst ive known villa park and attendance was shocking, never heard the story about the Southampton game in 80s though, not sure where to sit tomorrow, gonna use my villa cash, surely a clean sheet is on the horizon

01/02/1986 Vs Southampton. 0-0. Att 8,456. A fellow Villa fan who went to that  told me he thought football was dying was a major spector sport. Dark days.

01/02/1986 Vs Southampton. 0-0. Att 8,456. A fellow Villa fan who went to that  told me he thought football was dying was a major spector sport. Dark days.

bloody hell that's bad,

No guarantee of Luna tomorrow according to the OS, so we'll probably see Bennett at LB. Interesting to see how he does if he plays, considering this would be his first proper run out since there's been competition for his place.

• Like 1

I think we should put our strongest team out. No game until 14th Sept if I remember correctly? No reason to not have Benteke smashing the ball in the net - perhaps come on later as a sub. Saying that would like to see what Helenius can do now.

Edited by Tayls