Weekend football 24-26th August 2013

NurembergVillan

Boring, yes.

Poor? Absolutely not. Far from it.

Two world-class defensive units without a doubt, and a Chelsea out there with Mourinho as manager, the guy who let in 15 goals one season in the Premier League.

If anyone expected a 3-3 today they don't know that guy, even though Chelsea were very poor going forward. United at least had a few chances through Welbeck and Van Persie, but Chelsea were only relying on shots from outside the box.

Both teams are going to be up there in the end, probably 1st and 2nd in the table, but Chelsea seriously need a striker with huge confidence.

• Like 1

David Platt on al jazeera sports

"Joe hart wouldn't be a man city player if Mancini and I were still there, we wanted to sign begovic"

That is a pretty big admission for David Pleat to make. I have heard Mancini didn't rate Hart though.

What Papillon said. It mightn't have had you on the edge of your seat but that game was amazing from the point of view that neither side made a mistake worthy of the name in 90 minutes of football playing against players of that standard. It was a very high level of football and the defences came out on top. One for the purists. I also liked Mourinho almost taunting Moyes with his formation. "OK so you're now the United manager. Here's a curve ball of a formation. See what you make of it". At the end of the day Chelsea will be happier with the draw than United will be. RVP hardly got a sniff and I was impressed with Rooney. There were glimpses of the old Rooney and a reminder of how good he can be.

David Platt on al jazeera sports

"Joe hart wouldn't be a man city player if Mancini and I were still there, we wanted to sign begovic"

That is a pretty big admission for David Pleat to make. I have heard Mancini didn't rate Hart though.

Platt not Pleat ;). rumour is they want Casillas

Apparently it's a re-hash of something he said ages ago about Man City being interested in Begovic.  Didn't mention Hart or to what extent they went after Begovic, but I imagine if they'd have really wanted to bring him in, they'd have been able to.

Â