Official's decisions - "it evens out over a season"

villa_shere

so we aren't talking about the marginal offside we benfitted from?!

Yeah we benefitted from an offside decision. But in the grand scheme of bad refereeing decisions, offside is fairly low down and relatively common. We happened to score from it making it worse on Citeh, but the decision itself didn't guarantee us the goal. El Ahmadi still had to put it away. In comparison to the scale of what Chelsea got away with against us it doesn't even nearly make up for it. If we are gifted a penalty then we'll talk.

not sure Clark handball was a penalty either especially as Flamini didnt concede one for similar thing

Oh I forgot about that one. Another **** bullshit call. 'Evens out' my hole.

I mentioned it two posts above yours.

However, cannot really blast the lino for not giving that it was marginal decision and hard to call correctly. There was one given at the Liverpool game yesterday. Sturridge (i think) was about a toe offside and the lino called it. How on earth he could see that is beyond me. Ultimatley is was the right call, some would say excellent call. But there has to be a element of guess work in that decision because of the fine margin.

I know some might say it was only his big toe or something but id have been fuming if city had scored that

Weimann handball at City of Manchester last year evens that up ;)

not sure Clark handball was a penalty either especially as Flamini didnt concede one for similar thing

To be fair to the ref 99% of the refs would give the handball, it was just caught in his arm for to long. Letter of the law it's not a penalty, but I think I would be upset if it wasn't given to us.

I mentioned it two posts above yours.

However, cannot really blast the lino for not giving that it was marginal decision and hard to call correctly. There was one given at the Liverpool game yesterday. Sturridge (i think) was about a toe offside and the lino called it. How on earth he could see that is beyond me. Ultimatley is was the right call, some would say excellent call. But there has to be a element of guess work in that decision because of the fine margin.

A high percentage of offside calls are guesses anyway. Unless you're cross eyed you can't watch the line and the ball, so it's judgment and guess work.

To be fair to the ref 99% of the refs would give the handball, it was just caught in his arm for to long. Letter of the law it's not a penalty, but I think I would be upset if it wasn't given to us.

I won't 'be fair' to the ref because it wasn't a penalty. If he'd gotten it right I'd be fair to him. He got it wrong so **** him.

I won't 'be fair' to the ref because it wasn't a penalty. If he'd gotten it right I'd be fair to him. He got it wrong so **** him.

I just think it's a bullshit law. If I had seen that I would have given it, it's not to say it was deliberate, they're very few occasions where you can say it is.

It actually wasn't a pen, it took a slight deflection from RVW's head onto the hand of Clark. The frustrating aspect is the referees themselves are not clear of when to give it or not to give it. For me if you are two yards away and the ball hits the arm without you moving your arm to the ball, it is not handball for me. Livermore this weekend is the handball that should be given, he has used his arm to block a cross.

I think any handball in box whether intentional or not should be a penalty, it will clear up any sort of confusion on the rule. think they tried it in spain but they also booked every one of them which made it worse

• Like 1

I think any handball in box whether intentional or not should be a penalty, it will clear up any sort of confusion on the rule. think they tried it in spain but they also booked every one of them which made it worse

So what happens when they handled on the line?

That would be harsh for point blank range shots which hit a motionless arm by the defender's side, which happens fairly regularly.

• 3 weeks later...
Â