Official's decisions - "it evens out over a season"

villa_shere

In light of Anthony Taylor being dropped by the FA after the Arsenal match last weekend, surely the same fate awaits Kevin Friend?!! At this rate the premier league won't have any officials by Christmas. 

Oh, wait.

Taylor wasn't dropped. There are more than 10 Premier League referees. Referees being dropped tend to make the news. This was an Arsenal blog taking the regular rotation of referees and making a story that justified their outrage at not getting preferential treatment (the kind Chelsea got last night).
  • Like 1

Glad it's Clattenburg on Saturday. He's the only one I've never thought has given obviously dodgy decisions against us.

I've got no problems at all with Clattenburg. In fact, I have a soft spot for him since that time a few years ago when we were playing the filth and he awarded a free kick then shoved one of their players out of the way so we could take the kick quickly.

• Like 1

Aston Villa always get screwed over against Chelsea and Man U. There was also the FA Cup semi final in 2010, blatant penalty not given for foul on Gabby, and the John Terry horror tackle on Milner. Actually sick of it, haven't been this angry about football since the 4-4 draw with Spurs in 2007 which I was at.

EVERY team recon they get a hard time off of refs. See Arsenal fans on Saturday or Chelsea last season when that whole Clattenberg thing happened.

It is one of footballs universal laws that fans will believe the ref is against them.

I agree that its Human nature as a fan to blame the ref

But even looking at it from a pro Chelsea point of view you could maybe say the Ivanovic elbow was a yellow card

But the Handball jesus... Stonewall everyone in the ground seen it except the ref and his officials?

Brown envelope job

EVERY team recon they get a hard time off of refs. See Arsenal fans on Saturday or Chelsea last season when that whole Clattenberg thing happened.

It is one of footballs universal laws that fans will believe the ref is against them.

I agree that its Human nature as a fan to blame the ref

But even looking at it from a pro Chelsea point of view you could maybe say the Ivanovic elbow was a yellow card

But the Handball jesus... Stonewall everyone in the ground seen it except the ref and his officials?

Brown envelope job

I was in a pub in north London full of Arsenal fans watching the champions league game and me watching the Villa game, the whole pub stopped when that hand ball happened, my colourful language brought everyone around my screen and they all agreed.

I saw that hand ball watching the game on a stream on a 42" TV.. there were only about f**king 5 pixels and I still saw the f**king handball.

The ref was in exactly the right spot for both the handball and the elbow, he was just a complete pussy in front of a home crowd and Mourinho.

He pussied out, nothing more, nothing less, it's just the implications of him pussing out mean that we're 1 point less off.

He's a coward. 

• Like 1

Every team thinks the same. It doesn't make it any better, and our ones have been rather painful.

Nothing will ever, ever let me forget Dowd in 2010. Nothing. Not normally one for the swear filter and all but Phil Dowd and his smug face can **** do one.

• Like 1

Referee's should be interviewed immediately after the game just like the players & managers & asked to give account of their major cock ups.

Imagine what bullshit Kevin Enemy would come out with, squirming with embarrasment as he trys to explain away the Ivanovic's assault on Benteke & Terry's blatant hand ball.

Imagine the interviewer - " How the f*ck did you get those two decisions so ridiculously wrong Kevin, you were only standing 5yds away? Can you understand why many people have come to the conclusion that you are a F*****G cheat & that you are favouring the rich 4?"

Or Dowd after Wembley 2010 - "F*ck me Phil, how the hell has Vidic stayed on the pitch there for that foul on Agbonlahor? It's a clear sending off decision because he was clean through on goal & he has been denied a clear goal scoring scoring opportunity? Plus why did you allow Rafael to escape two blatant bookable offences & then book James Collins for his first offence? Double standards or what Phil? Can you understand Phil why many people have come to the conclusion that you are a F*****G cheat & that you are favouring the rich 4?"

Knowing full well that they would be shown up later for blatant cheating in front of a live TV audience might just help give them the incentive to make the correct decision in the first place in order to avoid looking truly, truly incompetent in that after match interview.

Refs are human & they have ego's too. If they call things correctly they could then look forward to the after match interview with relish knowing their decisions would be fully vindicated. ie

Interviewer:  "Well Anthony, Arsene claims you called both Villa pens incorrectly & that you were wrong to send off Koscielny, however our replays prove that you were vindicated in all 3 decisions & that it is just  pure sour grapes from Arsehole Whinger."

Ofcourse the FA would not allow this to happen though because they know it would expose the obvious corruption that is going on in the game & it would be naive of anyone to think otherwise IMO.

Funny how Holloway got slaughtered (rightly so) for complaining that the big boys get all the decisions, then within a couple of days we're all screaming blue murder for the same reason.

Funny how Holloway got slaughtered (rightly so) for complaining that the big boys get all the decisions, then within a couple of days we're all screaming blue murder for the same reason.

I didn't slaughter Holloway for that because I didn't even see his interview. I don't think it's new to say it because it's fairly obviously right.

Â