Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolo Toure is apparently the new Paulo Maldini according to Liverpool fans. He'll have no trouble with Benteke  :D

'Twice the size' of Benteke according to a couple of them! I think they should wait for Toure to deal with more potent attacks then Stoke's before jumping to conclusions.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

On the BBC predictions, Lawro predicts a Liverpool win on the basis that playing midweek will have tired us.

To be honest, I think the way that it panned out will work in our favour. After being robbed of a point (or 3), I think the squad will be up for making up for it by getting a win infront of the home crowd.

Not letting the last two games push me over the top.

I am and I can't help it. I'm genuinely confident and I'll be disappointed if we don't beat them. What's wrong with me? I just think we're flying at the moment and we should be sitting top of the table with 6 points after beating 2 CL sides away from home incl. my tip for the title.
  • Like 1

Not letting the last two games push me over the top.

I am and I can't help it. I'm genuinely confident and I'll be disappointed if we don't beat them. What's wrong with me? I just think we're flying at the moment and we should be sitting top of the table with 6 points after beating 2 CL sides away from home incl. my tip for the title.

Well ..

A win against Liverpool ..

Then Chelsea will face Utd .. Assuming other top teams will win .. One of those two will struggle .. 

The week after .. Liverpool will play Utd .. And London Derby .. 

So If we win against Liverpool we could find ourselves :

Man City 9 ..

Chelsea 6-9 .. 

Spurs 6-9 ..

Utd 3-9 ..

Arsenal 3-6 .. 

Liverpool 3-6 ..

If , And a big if .. We win against Liverpool .. We might find ourselves talking about really higher things ..

I'm not saying that we'll be competing for Top 4 .. But we could find ourselves competing if we won our matches .. Our players may have more confidence with us in the mix in the race !

Anyway I don't want to get pushed .. Hopefully we could beat Liverpool tomorrow ..

And let's see how things go ..

I think we have one of the best attacks in the league, hands down. It's only inexperience in midfield and defensive issues that let us down really and that will be dealt with in time.

That second goal in the 3-1...my GOD it's easy to forget how good that was. I don't want to sound like one of those MOTD whiners, but honestly if a top 4 team had scored that they'd be jizzing everywhere

Certainly going by that RAWK thread, 95% of people are still calling Delph 'average at best' and don't rate our midfield at all. No appreciation for, or even a mention of, Westwood either. One of them did acknowledge that if their 3 attacking mids don't rotate then Delph will likely mark Coutinho out of the game (high praise indeed from a pool fan!) but he's a lone voice. As you'd expect after an opening day win, they're confident in their own team's ability to win the game and as you might also expect from a fan's perspective, they expect to win. After all "they did finish 20pts ahead of Villa" last season. But they are very very wary of our front 3 and they're losing sleep over Benteke. Someone said "won't someone just **** kidnap Benteke" :lol:

For the first time in a few seasons, my scouse supporting friend is actually a little worried about playing us.

I think it'll be tough, we need to play to the same level that we did in the second half against Chelsea. Coutinho is the one player that worries me, delph or sylla need to keep him quiet.

Think this match will be full of energy, will probably swing a lot. Hoping for a good game, and hopefully a win. If we keep it up like we have, I see no reason as to why that would be impossible. Specially defensively, as we closed down chelsea very good and I don`t think its rude to say that they have a better midfield :P

Coutinho might be a worry, can really open a defence so we must be careful here. 

I am loving the optimism in this thread and although I can appreciate where it is coming from after two extremely good performances, I just hope that if it doesn't go our way then we all can accept that 3 points (should be 4, possibly 6) from the opening 3 games is still a decent start bearing in mind the teams we have faced.

Even though we have a young, energetic team I actually agree with Lawro (1st time for everything  ;) ) that playing midweek in a high intensity match and given the reds have had a week off to prepare I think that we will lose this one unfortunately. I hope to god I am wrong because I f***ing hate Liverpool with a passion, but that's my honest gut feeling. Probably 1-3. 

Although whilst I agree that it's pretty difficult to drop anybody after the opening two matches, Lambert has the dressing room behind him therefore it's not like it is going to cause any problems telling someone that he's just looking to freshen things up and that is what I would choose to do.

I would play the same back 4 that completed the game at The Bridge, but maybe bring Sylla in for El Ahmadi and Tonev for Weimann - doesn't always work but the players coming in will be just as eager to impress and keep their place in future starting line ups.

Come on you Villa boys!!! 

I used to be ever the optomistic fan, but the last 2-3 years took that away.

Good to see optomisim on here but I think we are getting carried away if we think we can comfortably beat Liverpool.

Despite the score they looks good against Stoke. Sturridge is always a threat and Mignolet is in form too.

I can only see a draw at best