• El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Okore (for Clark 43)
    • Tonev (for El Ahmedi 81)

Just waiting for a train home with a killer hangover but what a performance. So proud of the way we approached the game and gave it a good go. Support was ace. Villa boys were ace! Just a shame the ref was a complete clearing in the woods! UTV!

We are a long ball team? Just watched the first 25 minutes on the replay and Chelsea have played about 10 long balls over the top from their defenders and we have kept the ball on the deck for the whole time.

Guzan - 7 - Unlucky for the goal

Tony moon - 7 - See above

Clark - N/A

Vlaar - 7- Looked alot better than against the arse but I'm not sure if he's really a good defender

Lowton - 7.5 - got into good positions and gave a huge effort

Westwood - 8 - Looks a player

El ahamdi - 9 - See above 

Delph - 10 MOTM - Looked like a young Patrick Vieira

Gabby - 9 - Did brilliantly for the benteke goal. Should be in the next England squad

Weimann - 8 - Busy and unlucky not to score

Benteke - 8 - He really does have that touch of class. Enjoy him while he's here because he'll be off to a top club next summer.

Okore - 8 - Some nice tackles and looked okay.

Tonev - 7 great tracking back tackle at the end

Edited by villa89

We are a long ball team? Just watched the first 25 minutes on the replay and Chelsea have played about 10 long balls over the top from their defenders and we have kept the ball on the deck for the whole time.

In fairness we didn't have a touch in the first 15 minutes. 

One thing I love about Okore is the sheer speed, if someone gets in behind him he's always going to be in with a chance of gettin back in front of them.

Excited by the lad.

Just imagine if Donacien makes the grade and ends up alongside Okore at CB. That'd be one rapid pairing

I agree with Delph MotM. All our mid 3 did a fantastic job of restricting Chelsea and Delph was the best. Only complaint that he managed to beat several players a few times but ended up just losing the ball eventually rather than causing any threat.

I was listening to the TalkSport commentary, and ALL of their guys (not just Collymore) were absolutely SCREAMING that both of those ref decisions were blatantly wrong. Red card all day long, stone cold penalty.

Outrageous. That was certainly a point, and quite possibly three points stolen from us by a ref who was at best utterly incompetent, and at worst corrupt.

Fuming.

If for nothing else you'd get a "Like" for this. I'm afraid the pedant force is still strong in this one.

That's why it is brilliant to be labeled as such. Let people be surprised and (hopefully) caught off guard.

Â