Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

HalfTimePost

After a rather fortunate first game against Arsenal and a workman-like performance against Chelsea and Liverpool, I think we've seen why Lambert said at the start of the season 'it'll be another tough year".

There's nothing wrong with our attacking play and we don't necessarily need a 'playmaker'. Not many teams have a playmaker anyway.

We're not good enough at defending and it will cost us points this season. Its as simple as that.

We remind me of West Brom under Mowbray. 

Our passing football is too predictable. With the exception of Benteke, Delph and sometimes Gabby, everyone else also automatically looks to pass the ball on the instant they get it. They don't hold it up or run with it to create space, and eventually the ball gets worked back to the keeper.

If we want to play this way, we need more players who are willing to drive with the ball forward or create space for themselves, because all our stupid attempts at working the ball forward is predictable and easily sussed out.  

• Like 1

Too many backwards passes, too many long punt from guzan to Benteke when he was surrounded by three defenders most of the time and Luna and Lowton got torn to shreds (no to mention Lowtons awful passing).  We carved Newcastle open at times, and apart from the final 20 minutes always looked capable of scoring. Unfortunately every time Ben Arfa and Remi / Gouffran got the ball we ended up backing up to our 18 yard line.

Ben Arfa ruined us ..

Anyway they have a good quality ..

I think throwing Kozak was our mistake .. Although he helped us for the goal .. But after that we better could get back to another formation .. 

Nothing we could change .. I'm really gutted .. But well .. we can hope for best to come !

We remind me of West Brom under Mowbray. 

Our passing football is too predictable. With the exception of Benteke, Delph and sometimes Gabby, everyone else also automatically looks to pass the ball on the instant they get it. They don't hold it up or run with it to create space, and eventually the ball gets worked back to the keeper.

If we want to play this way, we need more players who are willing to drive with the ball forward or create space for themselves, because all our stupid attempts at working the ball forward is predictable and easily sussed out.

Yes, it seems like none of our players really want the ball, with the exception of the players you mention. It's a problem when 2/3 of our midfield does not want to take responsibility of our play forward.

We actually strung 5/6 passes that turned into really attacking plays. Unfortunately, a lot of wayward passing at times though. This team can pass well, just not often enough. Lambert got his tactics wrong, changed and we looked the better team. His attack gamble didn't pay off and Weimann was subbed too late.

Gabby ran his socks off, Delph was combative, Clark looked decent coming on, Westwood played some lovely balls, we scored from a corner. We played with a high line and got punished. It happens, believe it or not.

Edited by The_Steve