Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

HalfTimePost

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Cabaye won't be a Newcastle player come 14th September, if they play 4-5-1 with a midfield of Ben Afra, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Gouffran and Cisse/Remy just ahead of them going to be slightly concerned. Going go with a draw myself, 2-2.

Edited by Avflife

Hopefully Cabaye won't be a Newcastle player come 14th September, if they play 4-5-1 with a midfield of Ben Afra, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Gouffran and Cisse/Remy just ahead of them going to be slightly concerned. Going go with a draw myself, 2-2.

We usually play them , Well actually most of the teams on the worst time ! Last time we played them when 5 players arrived for them !

All of their players are back .. They've played good football in the last 10 minutes against Fulham (Which they lacked for couple of months !) ..

They finished their game with Fulham with their Ideal team !

Anyway hopefully we'll beat them !

Just let's not be afraid like last time .. And at the same time don't underestimate them ..

Hopefully this International games pass peacefully for our players .. I think this game is a must win game !

If we lose this, we better get used to having a standard season. What I mean is we will struggle. Come on, Newcastle are not at there best and if we wanna be mid table or better we should be winning these games. I mean how are you expecting us to crack on jf we can't hope to win this one!

Edited by foreveryoung

We really should be beating teams like Newcastle home or away this season. If we've given Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool good games which got us a win and 2 very narrow losses, then we should be beating the Newcastles, Fulhams, Stokes etc by more than 1 goal. That said, I'm sure Arsenal fans were 99% (at least) sure that they'd knock a few past us and look what happened. Upsets happen, and we could have a bad game while Newcastle have a good one, and I won't be expecting another season of struggling if we lose this. I reckon we'll win it though, just have to improve on breaking teams down at home, with or without a new signing. 3-1 or 2-0 to Villa.

We really should be beating teams like Newcastle home or away this season. If we've given Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool good games which got us a win and 2 very narrow losses, then we should be beating the Newcastles, Fulhams, Stokes etc by more than 1 goal. That said, I'm sure Arsenal fans were 99% (at least) sure that they'd knock a few past us and look what happened. Upsets happen, and we could have a bad game while Newcastle have a good one, and I won't be expecting another season of struggling if we lose this. I reckon we'll win it though, just have to improve on breaking teams down at home, with or without a new signing. 3-1 or 2-0 to Villa.

Your last sentence is precisely why the first part of your post isn't a given. The better sides will come at us and give us opportunities. The Newcastles of the world won't. Especially at home, we'll have to break them down. Our season will be determined not by what we do at places like the Emirates but by how capable we are of 1) unlocking sides like Newcastle and 2) staying tight at the back while trying to unlock them with numbers committed to our attack.
  • Like 3